“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Duluth
St Paul MN
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed here one cold rainy night in Duluth this May and were very pleased with the room. The room was very clean staff very friendly and we were allowed to check in before we attended a wedding at 2:00 PM. Parking was in a ramp behind the hotel and clerks at the desk will gladly validate your your card so parking is included. Getting to the hotel from the ramp means crossing over a catwalk on the second floor taking an elevator down to the main floor then taking the hotel elevator back up to your room. Not the most convenient. I was also surprised that it seemed to be in a bit of a run down part of Duluth. Rundown in comparison to this hotel and I would still feel safe walking the streets in that area. My lone complaint would be pricing. Through an internet travel site we were charged $35 more than our invoice on the hotel stated and the room was the most I have ever paid for one night in a hotel.Considering all this I feel breakfast and internet access in the rooms should be included but alas were not. Still I would recommend this hotel to those who can afford it. Pool and hot tub were nice. However the spa foamed horribly with the jets on. These complaints albeit minor are only mentioned due to the high price of the room.

Room Tip: As for lake view if possible we had only a view of the roof.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Wow what a wonderful hotel the staff is outstanding Keith was so very helpful I just cant wait to come back to Duluth and the Sheraton is the only place to stay

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Pearland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very clean hotel with excellent service. Great bar area and easy to get too. Well located. Parking was easy too. Will stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Bemidji, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Not much to say here, newer hotel, did a great job with it, no complaints. looks really neat. Beds are wonderful. Shop around, usually better places to get the cheaper rates from them.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hurley, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

This is an outstanding property but one has to park in a huge parking lot and walk to it... We did not mind and this is the way that things are in Duluth but this may be a consideration if one has problems moving massive amounts of luggage... The staff is nice and it is elegant. We have stayed there before and we would again but we still hate the parking...

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Lake Superior, the view is outstanding!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Cheerfully picked up at the airport and safely delivered to the Hotel. Any time we needed a drive anywhere the shuttle happily accomodated us. Room was clean and comfortable. Important because upon arrival I started to get sick. A comfortable room away from home when you are not well is a luxury.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
River Falls, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We recently attended my nephew's Duluth wedding. They had booked a block of rooms for guests at the Sheraton, and I reserved two rooms with a lake view. We arrived 20 minutes before check in time, and were graciously accommodated. At check in I originally was given a second floor room, When I asked if you could see the lake from the second floor, I was told "not really" and they moved us to third floor. A great move as there are buildings across the street (one an Irish pub) which creates noise and blocks views on lower floors. It is worth the upgrade to be able to see Lake Superior. Try to get fourth floor or higher..

Parking is in a public ramp behind the building, the front desk will validate the parking so it is free. However, if you forget to get your parking validated, it will cause a delay as the ramp is up an elevator, and through the skyway.

Our room had two comfortable double beds, a large desk, comfy chair, wardrobe and a spacious bathroom for my daughter and I to fix hair and put on make up as we got ready to attend the wedding. When we returned from the ceremony, the reception at Greysolon was literally the next building. A beautiful venue, and so convenient to be right next door. Easy to dash between the buildings, and there also is a skyway from the parking ramp. With five members in my family, all of us on a different sleep schedule, it worked well to not have to drive to a hotel after the wedding reception.

We enjoyed the hot tub and pool at 6:00 a.m., and had both to ourselves as the late night revelers were sleeping in. There is a bathroom with large enough stalls for changing outside the fitness/pool area. So we were able to use the exercise room without having to go back to the room to change. If I could change one thing, I would wish for stairs that go all the way from the room floors to the main lobby.

There was one glitch when I ordered a latte to be delivered to my sister. I asked the server to deliver to her room, and charge to my room. Unfortunately when I came back to my room an hour later, the latte had been delivered to my room. A call to room service brought an apology and a fast delivery of a complimentary latte to my sister's room

The hotel is on Superior Street, with easy walking access to shopping, pubs, and the walkway that goes along the lake to restaurants and shopping in Canal Park. We used the complimentary shuttle to take a party of eight to the Amazing Grace restaurant, and walked back to the hotel. My sons stayed at the hotel to sleep in, and had breakfast at the hotel restaurant. They enjoyed the service and said the food was great. The noon checkout was just right for our group.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Lake Superior view, request fourth floor or higher.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family