Comfort Inn West(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$130
$151
Official Hotel
$243
$178
The Suites Hotel in Canal Park(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$165
$154
Priceline
$249
$205
$199
All reviewsclub levelparking garagefront deskcanal parkstarbucks coffeelake viewnice hotelsuperior streetwedding partyhotel shuttlewalking distancecorner suitebusiness tripshuttle servicewalk in showerup to dateexercise room
Reviewed January 7, 2008

Our party of four stayed from 12/30-1/1/08. the service was extraordinary. Chad and the front desk manager went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and fun! The shuttle service was greatly appreciated. We loved the lounge and fire place. Very comfortable.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed December 31, 2007

My family just spent 4 days at this hotel. We stayed on the 6th floor, club level. Nice continental breakfast and good hors d'oeuvres in the evening. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff available for your every need. Our family's only complaint is with the HVAC system: difficult to regulate thermostat, so it was often either too cold or too hot; also it seemed like wind was blowing over you at night since the air came through the vent at high pressure; very dry too. I don't know what the hotel can do about the HVAC system, but the air was uncomfortably dry, windy, and not always a comfortable temperature. Pretty view of Lake Superior and the lift bridge from the lake side of the hotel. I would stay at this hotel again, but would try to figure out how to work the heating system better so that the air isn't blowing on me all night.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank mkrittmeyer
Reviewed November 18, 2007

Parking is a bit of an issue, but we didn't move our car until we left.
This was a short trip for my wife to just get away for a couple of days.

Nice decor and nice staff, we will go back.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2007

This hotel is pretty newly opened and very nice. Look is modern yet comfortable with lots of wood in the lobby so as to be "warm" and not so modern that it seems unwelcoming. Hotel bar was just off the lobby, so very welcoming and visible. I did not use the restaurant onsite, but what I saw looked fine.

Room also was very nice, comfortable beds, nice bathroom with ceramic tile designed to give a "30's/40's" look and feel but still very modern. Light switches a little odd but nothing unbearable.

Parking is a little odd. I would strongly recommend stopping in front of the hotel on Superior Street (you can park on the street for up to 15 minutes) and unload luggage first. The Front Desk then gives you parking info in the ramp behind the hotel (shares parking with the hospital). If you decide to park first, you will need to take luggage through the ramp and through other elevators/hallways to get to the hotel - not very convenient.

Downtown itself has yet to offer a lot for things to do, but the hotel is pretty near Canal Park with the bridge and all its tourist attractions, so location is still pretty good.

Overall, a great choice for a hotel stay in Duluth.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gary B
Reviewed November 14, 2007

I stayed at this hotel a couple of times over the last few months.
Excellent hotel facilities for business travellers! The hotel is new. My room was great with comfortable bed, good lighting and fixtures, air conditioning and best of all, a very large desk that really lets you spread out and get some work done. Wireless internet service worked well. The lighting switches are a little odd as are the handles on the sliding shower doors, but these were small issues. I am annoyed these days when my towels and soaps are replaced every day – not necessary and if anyone from the Sheraton Duluth is reading this email, you might want to think about an eco-friendly approach here.
The staff was very attentive and friendly. For example I was sitting in the foyer/lobby area waiting for a colleague, and a hotel staff member asked me if I’d care for a coffee while I waited. Nice touch. Having said that, because the hotel is new they are still trying to balance the staff loads. Service at the restaurant for instance, although very friendly, was painfully slow.
The food for breakfast was good and for lunch was really very good; did not try it for dinner.
I recommend this hotel!