“Great skiing/snowboarding!”

Day Tripper of Duluth
Ranked #2 of 24 Tours in Duluth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explore Duluth, the North Shore, South Shore and Beyond! Hourly to multi-day trips available. We offer a wide variety of activities in all seasons for outdoor adventure seekers of any skill level. High-quality gear, snack and meals (depending on tour duration) included.
New Brighton, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great skiing/snowboarding!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The skiing/snowboarding was great due Jake's accommodating personality and his exceptional familiarity with the area. The scenery was beautiful as well. I'd certainly do it again and will be recommending daytripperofduluth.com to my family and friends.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank jessebuchanan

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Skate skiing lesson was awesome!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Last week my son (14) and I (50) took an hour skate ski lesson with Matti. My son is interested in competitive Nordic skiing and was eager to learn technique that would allow him to make the most of the rest of the ski season to practice and improve! As for me, I grew up on classical skis and was completely out of my element on skate skis. Matti worked with us for an hour in an open area where he was able to demonstrate technique and we could easily practice what he was teaching. Matti was excellent in giving verbal instruction combined with demonstration. He carefully observed our skating and gave great feedback on what he saw and how we could improve. Both my son and I made significant improvement on that day! We were able to take what Matti had taught us and ski for another hour or so putting his teaching into practice -- a credit to Matti's very effective teaching!
In addition to a great lesson, this was a bargain! We definitely received great return from the very reasonable cost and are looking forward to a few more lessons before the ski season ends this year. We plan to use Matti this spring and summer for dry land ski training!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Tracy B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Classic cross country ski lesson”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have been wanting to learn to cross country ski since I moved to Duluth about 6 months ago. Luckily I found out about Day Trippers through a friend. Within an hour on the trails with Jake, I felt like I had the basics down, and was getting faster and more confident. I will definitely continue practicing, and will probably schedule another lesson to work on form and technique. I'm also excited to go on new adventures in the spring and summer with Day Trippers. Up next - Stand Up Paddling.

Visited February 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank EmmyHicks
“Fat Tire Biking”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Went fat tire biking with Matti earlier in the week and had a blast! We had never been before so he started us out on a nice easy stretch of road to get a good feel for it. Then took us to Hartley where he knew the trails like the back of his hand and guided up through 3 different segments of trail, all with varying difficulty and beautiful sites! On the top of a foothill he even offered us juice he had made from his own hand picked batch of black current berries : ) So good! Couldn't be more pleased with our trip and I highly recommend them as a guide for any outdoor adventure!

1 Thank sjburke927
“skate ski lesson”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had a terrific skate ski lesson with Matti. I was struggling with learning this new skill, but now I feel confident that I will succeed (with practice) in becoming a competent skate skier! Matti is a skilled teacher. Matti combined verbal instruction with demonstration and then observed how well I was able to implement each part of the lesson. I'm no spring chicken and it was so nice to work with a young person who was KIND, and patient. (Kindness is good.) I was afraid I'd be embarrassed at my awkwardness and ineptitude on skis, but Matti put me immediately at ease and I felt entirely comfortable. I am just amazed at how well I was able to ski after one lesson with Matti. I have every intention of taking more lesson because it really is helpful to have someone who can evaluate my form and provide encouragement (as opposed to criticism). Really, this is what it's all about . . . enjoying winter (or simply surviving the long, cold months), getting outdoors, getting aerobic exercise, and having fun! Good job Matti! Kiitos!

1 Thank VFSDuluth_Minnesota