“Nice getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Duluth
Duluth, Minnesota
“Nice getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, just to have a springtime getaway. We got a call a day before our check-in to tell us the water slide would be out of order. It was a disappointment, because that's part of why we chose this facility, but we appreciated the notification. Then when we got there, we were pleasantly surprised to find that the waterslide was fixed. The facility was clean, all the staff members we dealt with were very friendly and helpful, and my advance request to have a room in a quiet part of the hotel was honored--we had a peaceful night. The only downside was that the pillows had definitely seen better days, and the mattresses are close to ready for replacement. Other than that, it was a great stay, and the service was excellent. We'll be back again someday.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank P J
Janet B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Duluth North, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review with TripAdvisor concerning your stay with us. We sill definitely share this with our staff and hope to see you again in the future when a "Getaway" is calling.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I spent a week at this hotel and my stay was absolutely wonderful. I had a one bedroom suite on the third floor. It was very quite and spacious. The room was well lit and furnished nicely. The breakfast was very nice and had hot items that would change every day. The staff at this hotel is some of the best I have seen.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Janet B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Duluth North, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a great review on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it. Was happy to hear your experience was positive, and yes, we do have the best staff around. They all work extremely hard to making our property and personnel a 100% guest satisfaction experiennce. Thank you again, and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Duluth.
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed overnight after flying into Duluth. Really close to the airport and other shops and services. Great hospitality and they make you feel welcome. My room had a microwave and fridge which is really nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the vote of confidence. Our goal is to make all of our guests feel like they are at "Home away from Home". We look forward to your next visit with us, and again, thank you for stay with us.
Duluth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The people next to us spent most of the night making a lot of noise. I complained three times. Each time, the front desk person spoke with them. It did not solve the problem, and I did not sleep. Since it is not a cheap hotel and no discount was offered, I was not happy with the stay. I did complain privately, but the response was that they had done their best. What do other hotels do? Do people have a right to be so loud that others cannot possibly sleep?

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Janet B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Duluth North, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your review concerning your stay with us. We take customer service very seriously and try to improve upon our guest satisfaction with our property and personnel whenever we can. We do apologize for your concerns and feel that all feedback is important be it good or bad and will use this to improve our performance, we again, do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced.
Thunder Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We go to Duluth to shop a few times a year. His is by far the best place we have stayed. The suites offer that extra room that is needed. Service was great and the breakfast was first class. I am recommending it to all my friends who travel to Duluth!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Janet B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Duluth North, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your story and experiene with Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again when in Duluth. We will definitely share your comments with our staff, the ones that made your stay a memorable one, and the ones that make us who we are.

Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Once again the reviews for this hotel were completely accurate. The service was exceptional from the front desk. We took advantage of the park and stay and Laura at the front desk managed to get us an early check in upon return. The room was huge, the bed the most comfortable we had ever slept in, a spotlessly clean room and a microwave and fridge. What more can a girl ask for. Oh and the breakfast was amazing as well, a very nice variety of food to enjoy. Beautiful decor! The shuttle to and from the airport had great service with experienced drivers. Thanks girls!

The only downside was the temperature control for the room.. it was too hot, then too cold, we could not seem to get the right adjustment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Janet B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Duluth North, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We want to thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had with us at the Country Inn & Suites Duluth North with Tripadvisor. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took andvantage or our Park and Fly Package. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to the Duluth area.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Recently had to come to Duluth area on business. I had encountered bad weather and road conditions for my whole drive. I called the front desk from my car and spoke with Brea I advised her I would be arriving a few hours early and asked if I could possibly get an early check in.. She said she would talk to housekeeping to see that a room was ready.

Upon my arrival as promised a room was ready...I checked in and proceeded to my room. There was a small problem with my room (not hotel problem just a proximity to elevator) so I went back and ask for a different room if possible... Brea, searched and found me another room.

I used the pool area as I have done in the past and also ate the breakfast. Everything was what was expected!

This hotel is always my number 1 choice when traveling to the area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Janet B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Duluth North, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to Tripadvisor concerning your stay with us in February. I have taken the privilage of sharing your comments with our desk staff and housekeeping department concerning the early check in and service you received from our staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when we can again, show you our staff and property at 100% guest satisfaction.