“Great XC Ski Trails”
Review of Lester Park

Ranked #34 of 95 things to do in Duluth
Reviewed December 23, 2012

If you're a fan of cross-country skiing like we are, this park has some great trails. And, a few of them are lit up at night so for an added thrill and scenic beauty, try skiing here in the evenings. They do a great job grooming the trails, too.

1  Thank ScottyG777

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Can enjoy park with kids or take hikes along scenic river or can take a variety of loops that make you feel far away from town and city life. River appears so different depending on time of year. Great X country ski trails in winter.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I loved this park. It was my first time hiking so I would say this is a basic path, not real long and not hard to traverse. We took our dog (leashed) while many other dogs were off leash. The views are amazing with beautiful trees, waterfalls, bridges, a gazebo deep into the park.

I can't say enough about Lester Park - simply amazing! I would probably go all the time if I lived in the area.

1  Thank Colleen J
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Lester Park is a fantastic park with many trails for hiking/walking with picturesque views of the Lester River. The playground equipment was destroyed in the 2012 flooding and is in the process of being replaced.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Discovered this park when we decided to do some geocaching. Excited to come back to walk the trails when we visit Duluth again. I didn't even know that gem was there.