WINNER WONDERLAND

“The specials are to die for” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Woods Grill & Bar

Black Woods Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Woods Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 247 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, Bar, Healthy, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is fine dining for everyone. A place where you'll find a favorite dish and a dining experience that fits your personality. All Black Woods restaurants feature a full bar and Happy Hour specials. Visit us in Duluth, Proctor or Two Harbors.
Duluth, Minnesota
“The specials are to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprise at the quality of the food. What a Bargin. The service is excellent The food is very delicious.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Katie M, Marketing Director at Black Woods Grill & Bar, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review!
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Palm Bay, Florida, United States
“Good food, nice view, but I miss my old favorite dessert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've been eating here going back to the 90's when I first found it. Haven't had a chance to stop in since moving south back in 2002. So I had to stop in when in Duluth on business recently. The walleye is as good as I remember it being, and the waitress was great. Sadly, my favorite old dessert, a 3 layer chocolate torte, is no longer on the menu and apparently hasn't been for some time since the waitress had never heard of it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for stopping by Black Woods again! Thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Minneapolis
“Great choice if you are staying at the edgewater hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is across the street from the edgewater. I would call it a slightly upscale Fridays or chiles. The food was good and reasonably priced. You also get a $5 off coupon at the hotel.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review! We look forward to seeing you again at Black Woods soon!
Carroll, Iowa
“Wonderful breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were a party of seven including 2 young boys. Our server was so sweet and kind and prompt. I had the Bloody Mary and it was meal in itself with all the veggies and shrimp. I ordered the BW Benedict and it was wonderful. Everyone who ordered hash browns raved about them. The cranberry orange toast was out of this world. We ordered fruit for one of the children and it came served in a beautiful petite trifle dish and was loaded with seasonal fruit. All of our food came at the same time and was piping hot. Would definitely come again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Katie M, Marketing Director at Black Woods Grill & Bar, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you so kindly for your your review. We greatly appreciate your business to Black Woods! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
“Wouldn't Go Back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My daughter graduated from Nursing School at CSS and we decided to have a wonderful graduation dinner at Black Woods. As it turned out we kept up the cheer but our order of food was something to be desired. I ordered the beef tips medium with bourbon sauce. They were well done and no sauce came with them. The mashed potatoes were reheated, the vegetables were cold. I asked where the sauce was and I received a cold sauce that tasted like chipotle. The waitress talked to the manager and he told her to comp me my meal which she did, but, my daughter tasted her crab cake and couldn't eat it because it was so fishy. My wife tried the crab cake and ate a little of it, she really likes crab. Later that day my wife got sick. My wife ordered the seafood pasta and thought it was okay. We still enjoyed our day but were definitely disappointed with our meal. The view was great from our table but I don't believe the quality of food was up to the ambience needed for the dinner. Greatly disappointed!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your honesty and feedback. We greatly appreciate your comments. We would greatly appreciate connecting with your further to discuss your experience. Please contact us by e-mail or phone.
KatieM@blackwoods.com
218.625.6114

Katie Marturano

Been to Black Woods Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!