“Great choice if you are staying at the edgewater hotel”

Black Woods Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Woods Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 258 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is fine dining for everyone. A place where you'll find a favorite dish and a dining experience that fits your personality. All Black Woods restaurants feature a full bar and Happy Hour specials. Visit us in Duluth, Proctor or Two Harbors.
Minneapolis
“Great choice if you are staying at the edgewater hotel”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is across the street from the edgewater. I would call it a slightly upscale Fridays or chiles. The food was good and reasonably priced. You also get a $5 off coupon at the hotel.

• Visited August 2013
Katie M, Marketing Director at Black Woods Grill & Bar, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review! We look forward to seeing you again at Black Woods soon!

Carroll, Iowa
“Wonderful breakfast”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were a party of seven including 2 young boys. Our server was so sweet and kind and prompt. I had the Bloody Mary and it was meal in itself with all the veggies and shrimp. I ordered the BW Benedict and it was wonderful. Everyone who ordered hash browns raved about them. The cranberry orange toast was out of this world. We ordered fruit for one of the children and it came served in a beautiful petite trifle dish and was loaded with seasonal fruit. All of our food came at the same time and was piping hot. Would definitely come again.

• Visited August 2013
Katie M, Marketing Director at Black Woods Grill & Bar, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you so kindly for your your review. We greatly appreciate your business to Black Woods! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
“Wouldn't Go Back!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My daughter graduated from Nursing School at CSS and we decided to have a wonderful graduation dinner at Black Woods. As it turned out we kept up the cheer but our order of food was something to be desired. I ordered the beef tips medium with bourbon sauce. They were well done and no sauce came with them. The mashed potatoes were reheated, the vegetables were cold. I asked where the sauce was and I received a cold sauce that tasted like chipotle. The waitress talked to the manager and he told her to comp me my meal which she did, but, my daughter tasted her crab cake and couldn't eat it because it was so fishy. My wife tried the crab cake and ate a little of it, she really likes crab. Later that day my wife got sick. My wife ordered the seafood pasta and thought it was okay. We still enjoyed our day but were definitely disappointed with our meal. The view was great from our table but I don't believe the quality of food was up to the ambience needed for the dinner. Greatly disappointed!!

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for your honesty and feedback. We greatly appreciate your comments. We would greatly appreciate connecting with your further to discuss your experience. Please contact us by e-mail or phone.
KatieM@blackwoods.com
218.625.6114

Katie Marturano
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Almost always my Favorite place to eat in Duluth”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This time, we had some sub-par meals. I ordered the Eggs Benedict with Crab in it. It was fine, but you can't taste the crab, lol. The thing is, the hollandaise sauce overpowers it, which in this case was fine because it might have been the best I ever had, but it completely masks the crab, which makes the crab pointless.
That wasn't my issue though; it was served with hash brown potatos, which were burned beyond recognition. Not black, just dark brown with no trace of the white potato that should have been inside. My buddy's were the same way (I forget what he ordered, but he said it was good). The atmosphere and service as alway was 100%, but the cooks should be ashamed for putting those spuds on the plate...4 out of 5 if not for that.

• Visited August 2013
Katie M, Marketing Director at Black Woods Grill & Bar, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and honesty. We hope to see you again for breakfast at Black Woods in the future. Thank you for your business to our local restaurant.
MN
“Feather and Hide”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a party of nine, and the server did a excellent job of keeping everyone pleased. As for the food, well, I had the chicken and ribs combo. The ribs were fall off the bone tender, very nice. The chicken, I could live without. I would recommend the full rack of ribs and forget the combo meal.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Your business is very important to us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Black Woods Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!