“A yearly visit everytime we are in Duluth”

Black Woods Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Woods Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 257 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, Bar, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is fine dining for everyone. A place where you'll find a favorite dish and a dining experience that fits your personality. All Black Woods restaurants feature a full bar and Happy Hour specials. Visit us in Duluth, Proctor or Two Harbors.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“A yearly visit everytime we are in Duluth”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We come to this restaurant, I'll admit, mostly for the crostini appetizer. It is so good. But, they also have other great food on the menu. I had the salmon sandwich this time and ended up taking the salmon out of the bun and eating it by itself because it was cooked so perfectly I wanted to enjoy it in all its glory! Service is always friendly and attentive. Prices are average. Views of lake superior from many of the tables as well.

• Visited June 2013
Katie M, Marketing Director at Black Woods Grill & Bar, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you so kindly for your wonderful review! We are so thankful for your business to Black Woods each time you are in Duluth. We love our customers! Thank you for being such a wonderful customer - we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jaipur, India
“Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We found this restaurant to have a lovely warm atmosphere
The service and food were also quite good.

Visited June 2013
Katie M, Marketing Director at Black Woods Grill & Bar, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to seeing you at Black Woods again soon!
Mesquite, Texas
“Nice atmosphere, Great food!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Decided to eat at Black Woods Grill & Bar while in Duluth. We were staying at a hotel down the street and decided to give this restaurant a try. I decided to order a Lavender Martini since it was a type of drink that I've never heard of. The martini was wonderful. My husband ordered a mojito, but he and I both agreed that it was mlacking something...not sure what, but all in all, it was still an ok drink. For the food, I orderd the baby back ribs, which included cornbread, potatoes and beans. All were very tasty. The ribs were very tender, the potatoes were seasoned just right, along with the beans. My husband ordered the fried walleye, and let's just say i could have ordered that also, because it was so, so good. The atmosphere was very nice and quiet, which was just what we wanted. I will definitely be eating at this restaurant when I visit Duluth again.

• Visited May 2013
Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments and feedback! We look forward to seeing you at Black Woods Grill & Bar again soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“One of the nicer restaurants in Duluth”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband had the prime rib and loved it. It looked to be done perfectly and he was very happy. My son ordered the pot pie and also loved it. Other son ordered the spaghetti and meatball and really enjoyed that. Unfortunately my filet was way over done - I asked for medium and their was no pink to be found. It didn't taste bad, so I did not complain. I eat slow, and by the time they brought a new steak my family would have been waiting impatiently to leave. :) I wouldn't order the filet again. The chicken is delicious, and I would stick with it going forward.

Visited May 2013
Katie M, Marketing Director at Black Woods Grill & Bar, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your honesty and comments. We greatly appreciate your business to Black Woods Grill & Bar and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Estherville, Iowa
“Simply the Best in the Twin Ports”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

When visiting Duluth we ate at Blackwoods Grill and bar " Proctor location " and this is simply the Best restaurant in the Twin ports. It was late so the family went swimming at the hotel, and I ordered a meal to go. The order was to perfection, the service was excellent, and I had the time to enjoy a satisfying beer in a beautiful atmosphere after a long day. When you visit Duluth, take the chance to see the beautiful scenic views. At the end of the day enjoy an awesome meal at Blackwoods. Those two things will make your stay well worth any drive you had to the north shore

• Visited May 2013
What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for letting us know of your experience. We hope you are able to come back to Duluth soon and our entire staff looks forward to seeing you again soon!