“Rude Employees”

Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rude Employees”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We traveled to Duluth two weekend ago. I've been wanting to experience going to taste the different oils. I could have in Mpls, however, since we were going to Duluth, decided to give them a chance. What a HUGE mistake. We got rude attitude from the two girls working there. One even had the audacity to admit that she was the assistant manager after her crude ill-behavior. The other girl's name is Andrea. She harshly scolded me after I spilled a drop of oil on the counter. I was not treated well or as a buying customer. She repeatedly kept rolling her eyes at me. She made me felt unwelcomed and wanted me out of there. I felt very strongly in returning what I had bought. I will never return there. I wrote this same review to the owners website and haven't heard a reply from them . Guess they don't care

Visited October 2013
4 Thank lynda b
Andrew J, Owner at The Rustic Olive, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
We are sorry we did not get a response out sooner. Due to the fact our surveillance camera had shown us that our staff was dealing with a very difficult customer. We opted to not respond to her concerns due to the fact it would have made the situation worse. If this type of behavior is exhibited by anyone in our store in the future they will be asked to find another location to fulfill their shopping needs.

MN
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Interesting - like a wine tasting but with olive oils & vinegars...”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

When we heard "olive" and "bar", we just assumed this was actually a bar, where you could have a nice glass of wine and taste some spectacular olive oils. In actuality, it is a place to taste olive oils and vinegars, learn about them, and of course purchase them.
While it seemed odd to have an "olive oil sommalier" so to speak, our 'guide' was very interesting and knowledgeable. I learned more about olive oil than I could have imagined; where and when it's produced, what combinations and flavors are available, etc. I have to admit I only tasted a little, as the ideal of downing oilve oil in any quantity did seem odd. The raw oil was, though, spectacular and fresh, and numerous varieties from lime to butter to basil to almond, infused in a variety of ways, were available.
My friend and bought two olive oils: lime-infused, and a butter extract, and two vinegars (it was buy three get one free!): apricot and fig. The plan is to split them and share. First report: spectacular!
For anyone who's a foodie, this place is a must.
I can't wait to try another variety.....

Visited October 2013
1 Thank finnbee
Andrew J, Owner at The Rustic Olive, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
First off we would like to say Thank You for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We enjoy educating people as much as we love our products! Thank You again and we hope to see you soon!
Bemidji
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A nice variety of olive oils and balsamic vinegars!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We had not been to an olive oil bar before, and we were not sure what to expect. The owners were very welcoming and their passion for their business was obvious as they gave us a tour of their shop. We had fun learning about olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and now we own a nice collection of both! If you are a lover of these products, or think you might be, it is quite worth a visit to The Rustic Olive!

Visited July 2013
Andrew J, Owner at The Rustic Olive, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank You for letting us be your first experience! We are glad you enjoyed The Rustic Olive! We appreciate you taking the time to write about us! Hopefully we will see you again soon!