“A required stop whenever we're in Duluth”

Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 261 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: At Sammy's, fresh, quality ingredients are combined with pizza-making artistry. We offer dine-in and carry-out and serve an all-you-can-eat buffet daily from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Pizza Hall of Fame Inductee (2015).
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife grew up in neighboring Proctor, but we've lived in the mid-Atlantic for over twenty years. Whenever we go back to visit her family there are a three "must visit" restaurants on her list: ice cream at Bridgeman's, lunch at Grandma's, and pizza at Sammy's. On our most recent visit we had a group of ten family members and opted for their lunch buffet so everyone could get whatever they would like. The soups, chicken, and salad were all great. The pizza was excellent, hot, and constantly replenished. I'd also highly recommend their root beer.

There are newer reviews for Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Live in Japan most of the year, Sammy's was the first food stop in Duluth! It is just plain old fashioned, great pizza. We went back two more times before returning to Japan. Has been an institution since the time of my birth and is one of the few survivors of the era and the reason is clear: really great pizza.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Everyone in Duluth loves Sammy's. I wasn't impressed. The pizza is thin and cut into tiny squares. It was pretty good thin pizza, but the selection on the buffet is pretty limited. The other non-pizza items were all very generic, I've had better cafeteria food. I definitely prefer Pizza Luce downtown Duluth for better food and atmosphere.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were home to Duluth for a birthday and we all had lunch at Sammy's. I grew up eating pizza at this store so it is always fun to go back. Sammy's here or Sammy's there - consistently tasty and simply the best pizza!! Service to our table of 6 was very good.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Being from Chicago I am very picky about pizza. Imagine my surprise when I had this pizza....it rocked! So glad I tried it and would highly recommend it!

Been to Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant? Share your experiences!