WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant

Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 247 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Homemade sauce with secret spices. Dough that's made fresh every morning. Specialty meats and real mozzarella cheese. The sounds of crisp crust being cut into perfectly sized squares. That's what you'll find in the kitchen at Sammy's Pizza in Woodland.
“Halfway Decent Pizza, Very Disrespectful Customer Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

They told me my pizza be ready in about 20 minutes over the phone. So, twenty minutes later I arrived at the restaurant, and there was, at first, nobody to be seen. No customers, no employees. Eventually 3 young adults slowly emerged from the back kitchen, most of them just ignoring me. One of them finally, leisurely approached me and rang up the order, but they hadn't even started making the damn pizza yet. When I complained about the time, I was told "hey, be patient". The other two workers were just in the back doing nothing, flirting with each other or something. So it was about another 15 minutes for the pizza.

You cannot run your business with such immaturity. These kinds of things upset me like you wouldn't believe. I wont be returning.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Duluth, Minnesota, United States
“BEST PIZZA EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love Sammy's Pizza. I even eat the crust. They have such a variety of toppings and pizzas-one for everyone. Service and delivery is excellent. Family owned-Duluth Restaurant. Many locations--if we order out Woodland Sammy's is only about 6 blocks from our house. Friendly staff.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sherry R
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“So easy and good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I grew up a couple of miles from this Sammy's location and when I'm home for a visit it's so convenient to order and pick up a famous Sammy's Pizza here. We always went to their original downtown location in the 60's and 70's, but now that there's one in Woodland it's the place we get our Sammy's fix from. Sometimes nothing but a Sammy's Pizza will do.

Visited April 2012
Duluth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pasta SUCKS!! Pizza Rocks!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

The pasta SUCKS!! THey microwve the pasta and it is hot as hell and mushy. There pizza is great and there chicken is good. Beer is overpriced as are the pizzas but the pizza is good. If your in Duluth Check out Pizza Luce which is good and also VIP pizza for delivery is a lot like sammys and about 40% less..

• Visited November 2012
Duluth
“Yummy Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

We've been patrons of Sammy's Pizza ever since we moved to Duluth, ten years ago. The pizza here is excellent, always!! Never a bad pizza. What made me realize that I loved Sammy's Pizza was on a recent trip to Michigan when we stopped at our "old" favorite pizza joint. Always felt the pizza there was the best in the world. I was anxious to taste my once favorite pizza. However, I was sorely dissappointed in the flavor of the pizza at my "once favorite" pizza place. Was anxious to get back to Duluth and have my favorite Sammys pizza. Sammy's broasted chicken is also a favorite for my family. That being said food here is a little pricey but for our family well worth it.

• Visited November 2012