WINNER WONDERLAND

Sammy's Pizza - Lakeside
Ranked #59 of 247 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Description: Homemade sauce with our secret mix of seasonings. Dough that's made fresh every morning. Specialty meats and real mozzarella cheese sliced in-house. The sounds of a crimped crust being cut into perfectly-sized squares.. That's what you'll find at Sammy's Pizza and Deli in Lakeside.
Superior, Wisconsin
“OLD SALT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Duluth is a seafaring town with a great history of ships and shipping and sailors and sailing. Sammy's fits right in with it's 50-year tradition of serving Italian food. However, the one thing Sammy's could learn is that oversalting should be left to the ocean or the Salton Sea in SoCal. Lake Superior is, after all, "a fresh water sea in the middle of the continent" as Rudyard Kipling said.

Visited June 2013

Duluth, Minnesota, USA
“Duluth folks... not so sure about your tastes...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Sammy's is fine. Amazing? No. Want to support a small business and get something to eat? It's a good choice. It has a nice thin crust, but isn't really something to write home about. I've had pizza in Italy, New York, Chicago, and everywhere in between and I don't believe pizza needs to be a certain way to be good. I just view it as different kinds (I even have a place in my heart for frozen pizza). It is fine. A good stop by on the way home from work, but not somewhere I would want to eat for my birthday.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lisa M
Mankato, Minnesota
“Great Pizza & Good Breadsticks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I loved having a website to order from, I disliked having a website with no phone numbers (including area code) to order from. I called to order to a hotel and the man on the phone was great when I'd asked for their specials.

I'd ordered a special where I got breadsticks for $0.99 when I ordered a large. They told me they'd be to the hotel in less then 45 minutes and they were. The delivery guy was nice and gracious when I tipped him.

Our pizza looked fantastic and tasted great also. It was still hot and not soggy. The crust could've been a little crispier and it'd have been a perfect pizza. The breadsticks were basic and served with a side of sauce. Nothing fancy but they were good.

I'd order from them again passing though town.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank vegas_gurl
Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
“Amazing Honeymoon pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

My wife and I had pizza when we were on our honeymoon at the AG Thomson House..This is my wifes first time having Sammys Pizza and after the first bite she was hooked..In the 5 days we were there we had pizza 3 times i think that pretty much explains it all..I grew up in Duluth and i must say I always remeber eating pizza from Sammys after a cold nihgt at hockey practice ..We love you Sammys we will be back this fall

• Visited October 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pizza in Duluth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We have been ordering pizza from Sammy's for years. The thin crust is excellent and the sauce is good too, but I usually add a little crushed red pepper to spice it up a bit. Their taco pizza is superb (I once ate an entire medium taco pizza in one sitting, and I am six feet tall and 165 pounds...not a huge eater....but it was that good!) If you are in Duluth and hungry for pizza, Sammy's is a must! We live in the Twin Cities and no longer buy typical frozen pizzas. Instead, we stop at Sammy's in Coon Rapids or Brooklyn Park and pick up 7 or 8 frozen pies. Try it and you will never settle for Tombstone again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles