“Found a new favorite!”
Review of Sunset Bar & Grill

Sunset Bar & Grill
Ranked #166 of 267 Restaurants in Duluth
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Looking at past reviews, can hardly believe we were in the same place! Yes, the booths could use some new upholstery, but we were there for the food and don't see why I should include decor in my overall rating. We ate here on a Thursday evening, had a great server, she was very accommodating to our requests, super friendly, very obliging. For the first time, we decided to order the Rice Lake patty melt, served on grilled rye bread. No longer will we order a normal burger after this! Absolutely delicious, packed with fresh sliced mushrooms and grilled onions, two cheeses and a ton of TLC. Loved the marble rye and how it was crispy on the outside. We ordered onion rings instead of fries because we know how good they are. Yikes, we were very full after finishing the challenge. We totally loved this sandwich, will be returning soon for a repeat. Our waitress took our coupon and worked out our take out extra request - had to let another family member in on the taste treat! Fabulously delicious, keep up the good work back there in the kitchen, and kudos to our great server.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Very rude employees(bartender Monday nights the male), also rude servers. Put a smile on your face you might get a tip.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Was there recently with a group of about 20. Ordered fried shrimp and it was way overcooked. I have eaten there in the past and was not disappointed then, but definitely was this time.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I play softball There so im there once a week. New menu sucks I used to love the garlic blue cheese burger its not even a burger any more. Service is slow not super freindly. Adam (bar tender) was awesome dont know where he went?

4  Thank Noahf_12
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I live 5 miles away and was interested when this was rebuilt some 8-10 years ago. If you want a burger and a beer (there is some variety), well, OK. A group of about 60 had dinner there in Jan, 2012. There were about 7 entrees: some average, some, like mine, purportedly fish, inedible. After a 20-40 minute wait, vegetables were cold and hardly cooked; you got a teaspoon of wild rice..need I say more. The servers were pleasant--I pity them.

3  Thank Outsider33

Been to Sunset Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!