“Worth the wait”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Lakeville
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We made this mistake of visiting at noon on Sunday. The wait for 2 people was 30 minutes and groups of 3+ wait time was 45-60 minutes. We were a group of 2 and figured we were already there so might as well wait. The decor is a great blend of old wooden beams, stained glass agate art, folk art and new Picasso-type art with bright and vibrant photo art all arranged very thoughtfully. The food was superb and very reasonably priced. The service was good considering how busy they were. I appreciated watching a chef bringing dishes out along with owner and manager clearing tables and/or running checks. It shows great teamwork and that it's important to them to keep things flowing quickly for those waiting.

1 Thank MNmover

Duluth, Minnesota
“Catering? Yikes!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I can't really rate the food due to what I observed recently. I sat in a recent meeting and watched the guy who delivered our catered food arrange sandwiches on a plate (with no gloves, and no hand washing that I observed). Then, held the stack of paper plates against his belly as he separated each one from the other, adding them to the stack on the table, insuring that the top of each plate rested briefly against his shirt. I was so grossed out I couldn't eat anything he touched, nor use one of the plates. Ick!

3 Thank Kim R
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find great food”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

The food here was amazing and there was so much more on the menu I want to try. From the outside it doesn't look much but this is by far the best place we have eaten in Duluth will definitely be returning.

1 Thank Alison C
Vernon Hills, Illinois
“Go for the Food - Forget About the Looks and Neighborhood”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

When we saw the industrial neighborhood this restaurant resides in as well as the building and decor, we thought we were in the wrong place based on the great reviews it gets. The restaurant was packed with a wide range of customers. Yes, it looks like an old Denny's inside and there is no alcohol, but this place deserves all the great reviews it gets because of the FOOD and REALLY INCREDIBLE SERVICE. The menu is eclectic with an emphasis on creatively prepared, organic and healthier items. But don't think limited menu. Think free-range chicken, grass fed beef, all white meat ground turkey burgers, local ingredients, Paella made with wild Alaskan halibut and wild Alaskan salmon, and plenty of veggie and gluten free items. Creative salads too. Breakfast items appear to get the same treatment and it appears you can get breakfast at dinner. In this case, looks aren't everything! What's inside is. No wonder Trip Advisor reviewers make it No. 1 in Duluth. We'll be back.

2 Thank Parrot434
Miami, Florida
“Great Food and Something for Everyone”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The first thing that impressed me about the Duluth Grill was the diverse clientele.The Duluth Grill is somewhere hipsters and meat-and-potatoes gray hairs both find what they are hungry for, from vegan options to beef burgers (local and grass fed), and both feel at home. It really bridges the dietary divide very nicely and how rare is that? I only ate one meal here but I'm still thinking about the curried polenta lettuce wraps. Highly recommend. My whole group raved about the food. If I lived in Duluth (too bad about that whole six months of winter thing), I would be a regular. If I have to pick a nit, well, the service was a little slow.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank summerocean15

Been to Duluth Grill? Share your experiences!