“GREAT experience at the Duluth Grill!”
Review of Duluth Grill

Duluth Grill
Ranked #2 of 263 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our daughter and grandson! Not a fancy looking place, so you feel at home dressed casually. The service by Josh was great and he was prompt in taking our order and we did not wait long for our food. I had the Pasty--a flaky crust shaped like a Calzone and filled with beef, onions, carrots, etc. It was served with a bowl of wonderful brown gravy to pour over the Pasty, but I just dipped in it! It also came with another choice of a side, and I had a cranberry coleslaw, which was also good! My husband had the meatloaf that was served with squished (!) red potatoes that looked as though they had been browned. He chose a green bean casserole served in a ramekin with onion straws on top, and also fresh bread that tasted home made. We decided to splurge and have their banana cream pie! NEVER have had any banana cream pie that good and I am a pie maker! It was not a slice of pie but a small flaky crust pie with home made vanilla filling and a whole banana sliced in and around it! It was topped with fresh whipped cream and the plate presentation was wonderful! The pie was served by one of the owners that told us of how they used all local ingredients. Our waiter Josh was the best! SO friendly and actually enjoyed answering our questions! He told us that as a customer he was so impressed with how the owners treated their employees that he decided he wanted to work for them! He is definitely an asset to the business! Will return again when we're in the area! You will enjoy this dining experience!

1  Thank gmasheri

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Everything is made from scratch and mostly organic. I have alot of allergies they were super nice in checking everything for me to be sure i could have it. We ate there twice in two days. Breakfast was my favorite with homemade rasberry jam and real maple syrup. Everyone was friendly and it was a home like feeling while there. GREAT PLACE!!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We hadn't stopped at the Duluth Grill in several years, having heard it was out of business. When we found it was open again we made it our first stop on a recent trip up North and were VERY glad we did.

The old Grill was mostly a classic diner with good hearty food at decent prices.

The newly re-invented Duluth Grill is an alternative locally sourced restaurant (yes, they DO grow vegetables in their parking lot) with delicious filling foods to suit many palates and diets.

Two of our party enjoyed the fish fry with beer battered french fries. I had the three meat lasagna. Everyone loved their food. Portions were big, flavors were excellent and service was very friendly. We even got a complementary piece of cake because one of us had a birthday.

There were many favorites items on the menu and many new and interesting slants on classic dishes.We could have all gone vegan or gluten free if desired. It was hard to choose a selection because so much of the menu sounded good.

We all loved the reborn Duluth Grill and will be stopping there again many times (just off I-35 at the 27th Avenue exit).

1  Thank Jandar
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a place where quality and economy meet and excel! We had the Pasty, a northern's delight. The coleslaw side (two types available) was tasty and fresh.
Now for dessert...Members of our party tried the chocolate cake, coconut pie, banana layer cake and pumpkin spice cake. WOW! The cakes were not too sweet. In fact, the cake part of the banana layer cake was closer to banana bread; but still tasted wonderful. The kid's menu was also very good, with quality food beyond the normal corn dog nonsense.
I highly recommend this restaurant on basis of quality, service and reasonable cost.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

After having done the Duluth harbor scene a few times as we were on our way up the North Shore my wife did some homework and came up with the Duluth Grill. She had heard it was good and had breakfast all day. So we stopped in close to noon on a Thursday. Very unique place. Lots of flowers and herbs outside as you go in. Inside the staff was very friendly and cordial. The menu was amazing. So much to choose from and it all looked good. Our waiter had to come back twice before we decided what were were going to have. He was able to answer all our questions and had some good suggestions too.. After much debate my wife had the duck confit omelette and I had the corned beef hash lovers skillet. We were both blown away. Best corned beef I've ever had, ever. Her duck was done to perfection and she's a picky one about how her duck is done. So that's saying something. Coffee was great too. We've been stuck with some ugly coffee when on the road. So I'll order one for me and she'll taste it to see if she wants some. It was great. We both had a few reloads. This is a place we'll definitely come back to when going through Duluth.

Been to Duluth Grill? Share your experiences!