“Love this place!”
Review of Duluth Grill

Duluth Grill
Ranked #3 of 257 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I'd visit Duluth just to eat here! They have great options for both carnivores and vegetarians. I'm a meat eater, but LOVED the vegan omelette! If you are in the area (or within a few hour drive), check this place out. Great food, amazingly friendly service. Diner environment that is relaxed and casual. We got a late start Saturday morning and were sure we'd have to wait, but they've utilized space and streamlined service so we and those we saw enter after were seated immediately. I can't say enough good things about this place.

Longwood, Florida
“Featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Guy Fieri visited here for Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
It's a diner, in an industrial area, but the food is VERY TASTY !!

Visited November 2012
Wrenshall, Minnesota
“To "organic, natural, cage free" for me.”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Ill start by saying this place generally gets great reviews, so I've been told. It is a restaurant that offers all the latest healthy eating foods. They say they use cage free eggs (wouldn't the chickens be cage free? I don't care if the eggs are in or out of a cage or stored in on silk pillows or in a sock.....) They have organic this, gluten free that, vegan here, vegetarian there...

If you are into and looking for this type of food, then add a star or two to my above ratings, because they deliver this well. Also, much of their food comes from close local farms which is nice.

That said, I had only breakfast and did not care for any of it. The pancakes were disgusting and I couldn't even eat them. I love pancakes from every other restaurant, but not here. Also the sausage patties were tasteless, and I was hoping for a homegrown freshness taste but was disappointed. Even the eggs and bacon tasted bland and I don't even know if that is possible. It may be that after the pancakes and sausage, I may have just formed an eating attitude and maybe just thought the eggs and bacon were bland. And to top it off, our milks were warm, but we joked about how they probably had their own free range cow in the back and it was milk fresh from the udder.

I did try someone else's french fries though and really liked those, so lunch & dinner may be the better meal here for me. So, in the end, don't take my dislike as your guide to what this place offers. If you are into a healthy eating lifestyle is will likely fit in here, as it did seem very busy.

But, if your a drink soda from a can, eat a meal because you love the taste, and are not counting calories and don't even know what gluten is, not to mention what it does and being fine with that ignorance, then you may or may not like everything here. But then again, new may be a good thing to try.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent food and friendly service”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stopped for a late lunch on a Sat. afternoon to find a crowded cafe. With plenty of space we were sat immediately with pinpoint attention from the staff. We had the Scotch eggs for an app. a Superior Whitefish sandwich, and a BLT. they came very fast for the amount of people dining. They come with a choice of sides, so we chose fries and onion rings. All were great! Other points of interest are the wonderful local art covering the walls, and they have a gluten free menu. We shall return. The only knock was with so many local micro brews this is a dry spot.

• Visited March 2013
Washburn, Wisconsin
“What a find!!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had heard about the Duluth Grill from a few people, but had never been there. DO NOT JUDGE THIS PLACE FROM THE OUTSIDE!!! If you do, you will miss out on one of the best dining experiences I've had in Duluth!!! I had the macaroni and cheese which was flavorful, filling, and wonderfully rich! Food was fresh! Staff was friendly, but professional. I will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Duluth Grill? Share your experiences!