“Get the cheesecake!”

Ranked #2 of 261 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed November 15, 2012

How can you not love food that is homemade? It was so fresh and so yummy. It was also my birthday so we got to pick a dessert for free. We shared the homemade cheesecake and you could absolutely tell it was homemade, you could even taste little sugar granules that had been whipped in. We also had the bison burger which was very good! The homemade ketchup is alright, and the fries were different but yummy!

There are newer reviews for Duluth Grill

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had heard and read good things about the Duluth Grill. We arrived at 10am on a Friday morning and it was really busy. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. The food, however, was just fair. I had a huge pancake that was cool (the butter would not melt) and was falling apart without flavor. My companion had French Toast that was also tepid and medicore to the taste. Bacon and eggs were excellent. We both had iced tea that was missing the tea--slighlty colored water. This is not what we had in mind. We will try again sometime, but the Rustic Inn, Castle Danger, is about 30 minutes away and a far better value with far better food.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went there because it was reviewed on diners drive ins and dives. I thought the food I ordered was good but we didn't go there real hungry so I just had a Blt & soup. I wish I would have been a little more hungry to order one of the special items. The service was great the price was reasonable. I would recommend any one to go there. I would go back

1  Thank JoFlat
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Exit the near west side of Duluth and enter a family dining spot too good to be true. The Duluth Grill walks the talk when it comes to local sources - how does produce grown in the parking lot and on the roof of the restaurant get any more local? A family dining menu with a twist - organic, locally sourced ingrediants prepared creatively and lovingly. Great for breakfast anytime, try the daily specials - especially the home cooked free-range turkey dinner on Thursday nights or the bison pot roast Sundays. Nearly everything is made in-house - even the ketchup! Plenty for vegans to choose from as well as the gluten-free diners - but no end of well prepared dishes at reasonable prices. Though no alcohol is served (craft beer from local brewers would be a great addition), there is plenty of well informed, friendly - mostly young - wait staff to help you narrow a dining decision from among the several pages of menu options. Don't forget to leave room for the deconstructed home-made banana cream "pie" - exceptional.

1  Thank BarryT1
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I am allergic to wheat and this restaurant has a section in their menu that has gluten-free food. I had the gluten-free turkey burger. It was amazing. My co-worker had french toast and he stated it was wonderful. More food than either of us could eat. I have never eaten there before, but I will go back when I am back in Duluth.

Been to Duluth Grill? Share your experiences!