“Diners drive ins and dives”
Review of Duluth Grill

Duluth Grill
Ranked #2 of 258 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Minnesota
“Diners drive ins and dives”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went there because it was reviewed on diners drive ins and dives. I thought the food I ordered was good but we didn't go there real hungry so I just had a Blt & soup. I wish I would have been a little more hungry to order one of the special items. The service was great the price was reasonable. I would recommend any one to go there. I would go back

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank JoFlat

Naperville, Illinois
“Creative Family Dining”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Exit the near west side of Duluth and enter a family dining spot too good to be true. The Duluth Grill walks the talk when it comes to local sources - how does produce grown in the parking lot and on the roof of the restaurant get any more local? A family dining menu with a twist - organic, locally sourced ingrediants prepared creatively and lovingly. Great for breakfast anytime, try the daily specials - especially the home cooked free-range turkey dinner on Thursday nights or the bison pot roast Sundays. Nearly everything is made in-house - even the ketchup! Plenty for vegans to choose from as well as the gluten-free diners - but no end of well prepared dishes at reasonable prices. Though no alcohol is served (craft beer from local brewers would be a great addition), there is plenty of well informed, friendly - mostly young - wait staff to help you narrow a dining decision from among the several pages of menu options. Don't forget to leave room for the deconstructed home-made banana cream "pie" - exceptional.

1 Thank BarryT1
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I am allergic to wheat and this restaurant has a section in their menu that has gluten-free food. I had the gluten-free turkey burger. It was amazing. My co-worker had french toast and he stated it was wonderful. More food than either of us could eat. I have never eaten there before, but I will go back when I am back in Duluth.

Visited November 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Can't wait to go back.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stopped for breakfast. As another reviewer commented, the Duluth Grill is located just off of Interstate 35, easy off and on. My husband and I appreciated that for an additional $1.00 you could substitute a large frosted cinnamon roll or caramel pecan roll for the toast that comes with breakfast entrees. Warm, delicious and large enough to easily share with the two others dining with us. Lots of options, so guaranteed to please everyone in your group (gluten free, vegan, young and old). Our server was excellent. Great coffee. Organic plus grow some of their own in elevated beds in the parking lot.

Marquette MI USA
“Secret Gem”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Duluth Grill is tucked away in the industrial part of Duluth just off of Interstate 35. This restaurant serves healthy, revved-up, organic and locally grown or produced diner food. The building is an old Denny's style restaurant and includes an old-style zig-zag stool section where the waitstaff can get you coffee in a split second. The decor is eclectic and comfortable. They grow their own vegetables on their roof and in the parking lot, make their own ketchup, jams and peanut butter. We had the Huevos Skillet that included homemade spicy beans, roasted corn medley, pico de gallo and chorizo and the Curried Polenta Skillet with garbanzo bean polenta, sautéed veggies mixed with chick peas, toasted pumpkin seeds and steamed spinach served over hash brown potatoes. We make it a point to stop here every time we drive through the area. Don't miss it!

• Visited October 2012

Been to Duluth Grill? Share your experiences!