“Surprising conversion to healthful food”
Review of Duluth Grill

Duluth Grill
Ranked #3 of 257 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Arlington, Texas
“Surprising conversion to healthful food”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had eaten here years ago when it was an Embers. But browsing TripAdvisor to try something new in Duluth, I came upon the Duluth Grill and was interested in its strong ratings.

In the past couple of weeks I have been through Duluth three times, so tried this place for dinner, then came back for a breakfast (one big blueberry pancake and two slices of meaty, thick sliced bacon), and a couple of days ago tried a lunch (their hearty "Hobo" soup and a half-BLT sandwich). Salads are fresh, and the place is dedicated to practically giving you the zip code of where nearly everything on the menu comes from. Obviously the owners are committed to serving healthful, fresh, organic, delicious, locally sourced (where possible) food for a very fair price in a clean, pleasant facility. Servers are knowledgeable, friendly, and eager to inform and please.

• Visited September 2012

Thunder Bay Canada
“Healthy Happening Place!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Open 7 days a week this place rocks!! Call 1/2 hour before and you will be seated quicker, it is not a reservation but they do put you near the top of the waiting list. Called from Miller Hill Mall, then drove there and we only waited 10 minutes even tho the place was packed and there were people waiting inside and out. That is a really good tip, you are only allowed to call up to 1/2 hr. ahead. I ordered the wild rice and pulled bison stuffed peppers and the sweet potatoe chunks. Both excellent and served with unique dipping sauces!! My neice had the grill cheese and fries from the kids menu and you should have seen the size of it. My SIL had lemonade and it was homemade. The jams, ketchup and all sauces are made from scratch, the eggs are from free range chickens, no antibiotics .......a huge menu selection, a Gluten Free large section on the menu too!!! Visited by Guys Diners Dives and Driveins, those menu items that he tasted are marked with a thumbs up!! YOU CANNOT GO wrong eating here!!

• Visited October 2012
MN
“Good Choice”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in Duluth and wanted to try a different place for lunch. Pulled up and the parking lot was full. The place was packed but we only waited 10 minutes for a table. Nice variety of menu items and food was fresh and delicious. Liked the unique touches of pickled green tomatoes and ketchup that tasted homemade. We will return to try more of their interesting items.

West Concord, Minnesota, United States
“Unusual but sooo good”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I like the organic menu, the food tasted very fresh and was flavorful. I did take home food as the serving portions are generous to say the least.

Visited April 2012
minneapolis
“Disappointed on this visit”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our first visit a year ago was fabulous, so I guess my expectations were either too high or not met this time. Sigh. We stopped here en route to our north shore camping weekend. I'm now sad we did since we passed up going to New Scenic Cafe because this place had a larger menu. Probably won't make that mistake again. We arrived at 11:30 and were seated immediately. I decided to go with the breakfast menu, my fiance had his heart set on a blt. His was the wiser choice. Among my complaints for this trip - our server was quite aloof & sporadic, inconsistent service; he delivered the wrong food and when it was fixed, the signature red flannel hash was half cold and actually not good; coffee was not much better than a diner. I'm really sad to post this review because we try hard to support local and high-quality restaurants. After this visit, I might give them one more try, but am sad to have had such an inconsistent experience.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Duluth Grill? Share your experiences!