“ssammy's Pizza”

Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 264 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Homemade sauce with our secret mix of seasonings. Dough that's made fresh every morning. Specialty meats and real mozzarella cheese. The sounds of crisp crust being cut into perfectly sized squares. That's what you'll find in the kitchen at Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant in Downtown Duluth.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hands down the best pizza in Duluth!! Look no further than Sammy's made fresh with fresh ingredients when you plave your order (no premade frozen pizza dough used here!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Forgotten how good they were since I had not accompanied my husband on his annual golf trip for over 8 years. The "pies" are absolutely delicious! Crust is so good and crispy! Sauce special family recipe that's very robust. Hate to admit my husband is right. Best pizza I've ever had too!

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This place has a reputation for serving the "best pizza in Duluth," so during our stay at a local waterpark, we headed here for dinner. The kiddos wanted to get room service from Tiki Tom's pizza at the hotel, but I made everyone get in the car and go to Sammy's instead. Big mistake. We would have been better off sticking with Tiki Tom.

The best thing I can say about Sammy's is that it was cheap. And the kiddos liked it -- probably because the pizza was so bland. Bland crust, dull sauce, okay pepperoni, and canned mushrooms. Seriously? Canned mushrooms? Sorry, Sammy's, but that's a deal-breaker. And a big disappointment for a place that devotes a full page of its menu to talking about their devotion to tradition and high- quality ingredients and home-made taste.

Maybe that's the problem. It DID remind me of homemade pizza: those awful 1980s Chef Boyardee "make-your-own" pizza kits that came in a box with thin, dry crusts, little cans of sauce... and canned mushrooms. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Sammy's.

1  Thank shellymn4
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

For years we've been coming to Duluth and we always make a stop at Sammy's. Our large fully loaded pizza was so good it was difficult to stop eating even though we were full. It's too bad it wasn't in a better location.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

After reading other reviews I decided we should try Sammy's Pizza when we visited Duluth. We had been to Duluth many times, but had never eaten there. It was some of the best thin crust pizza I've had. It was very quiet on a Sunday night. The waitress was very nice and service was great. It's not fancy, but it's very tasty. I would go back there again.

Been to Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant? Share your experiences!