“Basic pizza joint”

Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 260 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Homemade sauce with our secret mix of seasonings. Dough that's made fresh every morning. Specialty meats and real mozzarella cheese. The sounds of crisp crust being cut into perfectly sized squares. That's what you'll find in the kitchen at Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant in Downtown Duluth.
Twin Cities
“Basic pizza joint”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Sammy's is a bit above the chains but nothing special. The cheese bread is very bready and the pizza crust a bit too doughy. Sauce could use a little more kick. OK basic type of pizza nothing I'd go out of my way for know Luce is just a few blocks away. Service was efficient and friendly.

• Visited September 2012

Moorhead, Minnesota
“Service with a Smile and GREAT PIZZA!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

YUMM! I think this is the BEST pizza I have ever tasted. Their crust is great and toppings tasted fresh and plentiful! We started out with Garlic Cheese Bread and that was good but they have spaghetti sauce for dipping which is rather bland and tangy. I would opt for something a bit more flavorful. Our service was great from walking in the door to during our stay to the time we walked out. I would definitely recommend this to anyone in the mood for pizza! We will definitely go back!

1 Thank Lindsay2104
Savage, Minnesota
“Delicious pizza”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

PIzza was delicious. There was a special for free cheese bread the day we ordered. That was ok, but the sauce was very runny and not that good.

Visited August 2012
Pewaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“This is Quality Pizza”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Had delivery to our hotel while visiting Duluth. Had read and heard good things. Was impressed with the freshness of the toppings.

Syracuse, New York
“Good pizza - No real complaints”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

While visiting Duluth, I was told I had to go to Sammy's Pizza while I was there. There was one just around the corner from my motel, so, since I was without a car I decided it was meant to be. I had read some reviews that this particular location was a bit of a dive, which convinced me to order for pick-up instead of eat-in. My order was ready when I got there. And, reviewers were right. This location was nothing to look at. The staff was very friendly and immediately attentive when I walked through the door, though. The pizza I ordered was very good. The crust was great and the cheese was just brown enough. The side salad I got was just ok. The tomatoes were a bit under ripe, but it was fine for a side salad. I would definitely get pizza there again.

1 Thank A M