“Variety and specials”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I like many of the items on the menu so it is hard to pick a favorite. Their soups are good, special toppings make their pizzas delicious and adventurous. The felafel platter is very good, so are the fish sandwiches, and their mac and cheese (when they have it.) Good choice of wines and desserts too. Pour your own coffee so you can have refills.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Not only did we all love our meals (there were 8 of us) but they have a fantastic Bloody Mary bar. Fresh, local cuisine cooked in very creative ways. Great place to try if you're a foodie!

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in one cold night and had some pretty good chow. I had the Cuban sandwich and was probably the best Cuban sandwich I have ever had. The salmon and cheese was great. It reminded me of Christmas when I was younger. We will be stoping in again next time we are in town!!!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We arrived around 10am and quickly found a table. Our waitress was with us right away. My wife and I both ordered typical breakfast fare, and found our food well prepared. As simple as breakfast is, a lot of places fail to do it well. This is a trendy place with gluten free options and coffee choices. One thing I really liked there, is you get your own coffee, you don't have to wait for the waitress to come around. I would go there again, but wouldn't rant and rave about the place. We had seen it on "Diner's, Drive-Inns, and Dives" and thought we'd give it a try.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I arrived early in the evening, around 4:30pm, and seated myself according to the sign. I was greeted right away by the server and given some time to look at the menu. There were quite a few options of things I was interested in trying. I opted for a hangar steak with squash and bread pudding. The wait for my food seemed a bit long, but the meal was very good. The steak was done perfectly and the bread pudding (a savory stuffing, essentially) was tasty. The squash was artistically added to the plate with the colorful rind still attached. I tried it, but it was bitter. After removing the rind, it was good tasting, but now cold.

I had contemplated dessert. After waiting about 10 to 15 minutes, my plate was cleared and the dessert menu presented. And then I was promptly forgotten. The server never returned. I saw her wandering around, wrapping silverware, serving other tables, but she never came back. I contemplated leaving money on the table and just leaving. After 15 to 20 minutes, I flagged down another staff person to get my bill. Then the server promptly delivered it. I paid and left.

Would I go back? Maybe. I'd heard good things from friends about this place. I read the reviews beforehand so I knew the service was spotty. It may be worth another try. But there are so many other dining options in Duluth, that I think I may try other places before I return here. I guess they don't need the business...