“Off the beaten path.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
“Off the beaten path.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a very unique dining experience. They serve breakfast until 3:00 on Sundays. The prices are reasonable and the portions are large. They have some Spanish entrees that are served with the best black beans I have ever tasted. You may have to wait in line for a little but it will be worth your wait.

Visited October 2013

Minneapolis
“Pleasant restaurant and delicious meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This place is way off the beaten tourist track for Duluth -- which was good, because we were in Duluth during MEA weekend and looking for an early dinner, and we struck out at the first four places we called for a reservation at 5 p.m.

The food was fantastic: I had the braised rabbit dish, which was DELICIOUS. I also sampled my daughter's hibiscus soda and was it was also really excellent. Service was friendly and attentive. I would absolutely go back the next time I'm in Duluth.

• Visited October 2013
Duluth, Minnesota
“I liked it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Bison burger, sweet potato fries. Different than other places. Good food. Alas, I cannot go as often as I would like due to food being on the pricier side.

• Visited November 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Rabbit season!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My mom & I dined on a Thursday afternoon, the food was great, the service fine and the price a bit much BUT that being said I'd go back in a heartbeat. Mom was thrilled to find braised rabbit on the menu and pronounced it delicious. I had a bowl of sausage/potato soup (3/5) and the house salad (5/5 and killer croutons). We finished off with a rhubarb custard pie topped with ice cream (8/8). Nice atmosphere (I wish the fireplace had been blazing) but I wasn't quite sure if the books were for sale or to read there. Everything was very fresh and it is a wonderful change from all the mediocre food we encounter on the road.

• Visited October 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Make sure to come here for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We make an effort to come here for breakfast whenever we come to Duluth. It's a nice-looking, casual space. The service is laid-back and no effort is made to get you to leave before you are ready to go - you can have a second cup of coffee and just relax for a bit. The food is not quite American standard -there are eggs and pancakes of course but delicious variations on the basic recipes.

• Visited July 2013