“Terrible Service and Overpriced Food”
Review of At Sara's Table

At Sara's Table
Ranked #16 of 267 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I visited Sara's Table as part of a large group. This group called for reservations for roughly 20 and was set up downstairs. Only one server was assigned to our group. She seemed irritated and never smiled. As she took orders she never made eye contact and seemed annoyed with any questions that we asked.
The two or three people who ordered soup or salad got their food a good ten minutes before anyone else. The soup arrived cold. Those guests waited for the rest of us to get food because of course we were there to eat dinner as a group. The rest of our food arrived 2-3 plates at a time. ALL OF IT WAS COLD. I order a Tempeh, lettuce, and tomato sandwich with fries. My fries were very tasty but cold. There was more mayo on my sandwich than anything else.
At the end of dinner she said she put the whole tab on one. A few of us asked if we could pay our portions with credit cards and she gave us a death glare and said "I said I put it all on one." Then she stormed off.
I waited in the hallway as my husband went to get some cash. She happened to walk passed me to make her way back downstairs and I kid you not she practically shoved me into the wall and then half heartedly said "excuse me" as she hustled by.
Needless to say this was a terrible experience and I am very sad as I think Sara's Table is a great asset to the Duluth dining community. Perhaps they should take a few lessons on customer service as they won't be in business long if they continue to treat their guests like this.

1  Thank Grace224

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The food here is all fresh from local sources, some even as close as their garden behind the restauant! Had the Whitefish plate; try their fries as they are awesome

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had breakfast here and it as good. The french toast with beer syrup was very good. However the server was too busy and made errors with our order and overall service was pretty slow.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I liked At Sara's Table. Coffee house feel. Very good waiter. Food was delicious----on the high end for price.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We saw this restaurant on Diners Drive Inns and Dives . They showed this the making of french toast and a special beer syrup so we wanted to give it a try. The service was very slow despite the fact that we had missed the early morning rush hour ( we were there around 9:30 am). The place was busy but not overly busy and shortly after we had arrived there were several empty tables. The place is quaint and very laid back, which was nice. You go up and get your own coffee and refills. The meal took much too long to arrive in my opinion ( over 30 minutes for french toast and pancakes is too long). The pancake ( it was one large pancake ) was slightly under cooked and not enjoyable. The french toast ( cranberry wild rice bread) was unique and quite nice and more than one person could/should eat. Their local maple syrup was much better tasting than their featured beer and cinnamon syrup. There were too many bothersome flies for my liking. Not being one that is concerned with the odd fly but there were too many for my liking - I guess it is a summer tradition at this place.

1  Thank klaggs

Been to At Sara's Table? Share your experiences!