“Different, but good” 5 of 5 bubbles

At Sara's Table
Ranked #15 of 252 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ringgold, Georgia
“Different, but good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

The food here is all fresh from local sources, some even as close as their garden behind the restauant! Had the Whitefish plate; try their fries as they are awesome

Savage, Minnesota
“Good breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had breakfast here and it as good. The french toast with beer syrup was very good. However the server was too busy and made errors with our order and overall service was pretty slow.

Pipestone, Minnesota, United States
“Interesting menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I liked At Sara's Table. Coffee house feel. Very good waiter. Food was delicious----on the high end for price.

ROSSLYN
“Diner's Drive Inns - review 1”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We saw this restaurant on Diners Drive Inns and Dives . They showed this the making of french toast and a special beer syrup so we wanted to give it a try. The service was very slow despite the fact that we had missed the early morning rush hour ( we were there around 9:30 am). The place was busy but not overly busy and shortly after we had arrived there were several empty tables. The place is quaint and very laid back, which was nice. You go up and get your own coffee and refills. The meal took much too long to arrive in my opinion ( over 30 minutes for french toast and pancakes is too long). The pancake ( it was one large pancake ) was slightly under cooked and not enjoyable. The french toast ( cranberry wild rice bread) was unique and quite nice and more than one person could/should eat. Their local maple syrup was much better tasting than their featured beer and cinnamon syrup. There were too many bothersome flies for my liking. Not being one that is concerned with the odd fly but there were too many for my liking - I guess it is a summer tradition at this place.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank klaggs
Syracuse, New York
“Not as good as all the hype - but decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I walked in the side door (from the patio) at about 12:15 and saw lots of empty tables both inside and outside. I thought it was strange since from what I had heard, it was supposed to be very popular. I then saw several people sitting and milling about up near the host stand/cash register. They were waiting to be seated. Not because the restaurant was so full people were waiting, but because they did not have enough waitstaff to serve all of their tables at lunchtime. So, since I had just walked up a giant hill and didn't know where anything else was in the immediate area (I was in Duluth for work) I put my name on the list. I was told by the host/cashier/barista that it would be 10 minutes. After 12 minutes, it was my turn. The host could not read his handwriting and said a name that was similar to mine. There was someone else who happened to have that name and took my spot. I told the host that he had marked of my name but not seated me, and he replied with an excuse that made no logical sense and told me I was next. Mind you I was eating alone, they were so understaffed they couldn't seat 1 more person. After I finally got seated, things turned around a bit. The waitress was very nice, and their menu was diverse with unique ingredients. Their special sandwich with chevre and pancetta sounded great, but I went for the small seasonal salad and a cup of soup so I could order one of those good-looking desserts in the case up front. Both were pretty good, although a bit pricey. I did get an Italian soda from their long list of available beverages. It was very good. The waitress disappeared for a while after I had finished eating. I had already been there a while so I got a German chocolate cupcake to go after she finally returned. It turned out to be just ok. The icing was good but the cake was dry from overbaking. Many of the reviews I read had raved about the decor and atmosphere. I felt the decor was a bit dated, and they were trying too hard to look woodsy. Some of the furniture was kind of junkie, especially near the fire place and the patio furniture. All-in-all it was just ok. I would go back only if someone else really wanted to go since it was featured on a television show, but I hope that they hire some more employees. I was there for over an hour for lunch on a Tuesday and I didn't order anything that had to be cooked when I ordered it.

• Visited August 2012