“Wow! Yum! Reasonable Prices! Hidden Gem of a Place!”
Review of China Cafe

China Cafe
Ranked #95 of 257 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minnesota
“Wow! Yum! Reasonable Prices! Hidden Gem of a Place!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Someone else already beat me to "Best Ever" for a review title. We stumbled across the China Cafe a few years ago and it has become our must-hit place to eat when in Duluth. This simply is some of the best Chinese food that we've ever found. (And we eat at a lot of Asian places.) THere are many unique items on the large menu that appear to be the creation of the staff of this place. From what I've seen everything appears to be cooked fresh and very flavorful.. Portions are huge but prices very reasonable - most entrees in the $8.95 - $10.95 range, half what you find at places down around Canal Park. "Beef with GInger Green" and "Lovers' Delight" area two favorites, but in all the things we've tried from the menu we've never hit a dud yet.

If you are in Duluth don't bother with the trendy and expensive places around canal park. Head a couple miles out London Road this hidden gem - your taste buds will thank you.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank rt3

Wrenshall, Minnesota
“Excellent food here every time!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I love my chineese food. Unfortunately, most of my family does not. Therefore, I eat lunch here often when I am working in the area. The lunch comes out quick, which I like on my limited lunch time. The food quality and portion size is great. I am always satisfied with everything here. And now as I write this review I suddenly am getting hungry for their food again... I may have to try to get there tomorrow for lunch again!!!

2 Thank Justluck
Grand Rapids, Minnesota, United States
“BEST EVER”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I eat here all the time! All their food is always good! No matter when we show or who is doing the cooking it is great! Orange chx and General Tso's is out Favorite!

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank Nicole S
Duluth, Minnesota
“Delicious food, large portions & friendly waitstaff”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Great portion size, and friendly waitstaff. The food is delicious- especially the general tso's chicken! I've been going to this restaurant for the last 4 years and it is always great.

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank Irule37

Been to China Cafe? Share your experiences!