We went to Grizzly's Restaurant for lunch on day 1 and we saw this Thai Restaurant next to it. So we thought we'll stop by for lunch the following daw. We had been to a couple of Thai Restaurants from the East Coast to West Coast and around Minneapolis and I could say that this is different. For a couple of reason:
1) First time that I stepped on a Thai or Asian restaurant wherein the host or the waiters are not from their own country of origin. We just assumed that the owner is from here and is family owned and is fond of Thai. Then we saw the cook with an apron passing by our table to use the restroom on the other side so we thought it could be authentic too.
2) They have an AMERICAN menu which is awesome for our kids. But unfortunately that time they ran out of french fries. :( So we just ordered chicken wings and specifically told them just regular with no spice at all. Well the drizzle of bbq sauce that was served on top of it was fine. And it taste good as well ...
3) The food that we ordered is cooked differently from the other Thai restaurants that we tried. So in other words it's NEW to us.
4) The portion is big maybe a little bit pricey we ended up bringing the left overs in the hotel.
5) The server was nice
6) The green tea ice cream and coconut ice cream was delishhh!!! Although my 6 year old son just ate one chicken wing he devoured the whole coconut ice cream. It has a twist on the bottom of it ... my husband was like why was the ice cream glass warm? And to our surprise it has sweet sticky rice on the bottom and granules of candied coconut.
7) The decor is not that over the top with shiny Christmas decor hanging on the ceiling. My husband was like: Nice Decor ... and myself rolling my eyes was like are you kidding me? They have 2 women statuettes in the front door so I think it was okay ... makes you feel you're in another place.
8) Oh did I mention the beers? My husband love it!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.