“We like it” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“We like it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We went to Grizzly's Restaurant for lunch on day 1 and we saw this Thai Restaurant next to it. So we thought we'll stop by for lunch the following daw. We had been to a couple of Thai Restaurants from the East Coast to West Coast and around Minneapolis and I could say that this is different. For a couple of reason:

1) First time that I stepped on a Thai or Asian restaurant wherein the host or the waiters are not from their own country of origin. We just assumed that the owner is from here and is family owned and is fond of Thai. Then we saw the cook with an apron passing by our table to use the restroom on the other side so we thought it could be authentic too.

2) They have an AMERICAN menu which is awesome for our kids. But unfortunately that time they ran out of french fries. :( So we just ordered chicken wings and specifically told them just regular with no spice at all. Well the drizzle of bbq sauce that was served on top of it was fine. And it taste good as well ...

3) The food that we ordered is cooked differently from the other Thai restaurants that we tried. So in other words it's NEW to us.

4) The portion is big maybe a little bit pricey we ended up bringing the left overs in the hotel.

5) The server was nice

6) The green tea ice cream and coconut ice cream was delishhh!!! Although my 6 year old son just ate one chicken wing he devoured the whole coconut ice cream. It has a twist on the bottom of it ... my husband was like why was the ice cream glass warm? And to our surprise it has sweet sticky rice on the bottom and granules of candied coconut.

7) The decor is not that over the top with shiny Christmas decor hanging on the ceiling. My husband was like: Nice Decor ... and myself rolling my eyes was like are you kidding me? They have 2 women statuettes in the front door so I think it was okay ... makes you feel you're in another place.

8) Oh did I mention the beers? My husband love it!

Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Apex, North Carolina
“Just okay...not great for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had Thai fried rice and a friend had the Pad Thai. Both were just okay. I guess I've had too much amazing Thai food, but I was a little disappointed considering the prices are pretty high.

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“The food is fine, but not good for Thai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The food was fine. It was pleasant-tasting, the ingredients were of good quality, but it just didn't have much flavor, and certainly didn't taste like good Thai food tastes. It's not that you'll be turned off by the food, but if you're looking for Thai food specifically, this isn't the place. If you're just looking for some decent not-fried food to eat, this could fit the bill. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

It's surprisingly expensive, but the portions are quite large---one entree was enough for two meals for me.

• Visited May 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Great place for Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten here before and so chose to return again. Thai Krathong did not disappoint. The server was friendly and helpful. She was knowledgable about the food and the craft beers that were on tap (2 were from Wisconsin, 2 from Lake Superior Brewing right here in Duluth). The food: our chicken wings were hot and crispy with a delicious sauce served on the side. The Pad Thai was very good, with lots of vegetables and pork in it. It had nice flavour and wasn't overcooked. The vegetables still had a bit of crispness to them. The Tom Kha soup (my wife's favourite) was excellent, as always, with lots of vegetables and chicken in a nice, rich, flavourful coconut broth. The portions are large so plan on taking some leftovers home to enjoy later (there was just my wife and I but enough food to feed 4 people).

Visited May 2013
Northfield, Minnesota
“It's not something you couldn't eat...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My mother always said that when she was searching for a compliment and it was hard to come up with. Our waiter was WONDERFUL and so helpful. We were seated promptly and had a lovely table. Two of us ordered the Red Curry (vegetarian) and one had a chicken stir fry. The curry was really disappointing. A preponderance of slightly undercooked carrots and onions, a TINY amount of mock duck and a few other veggies in a watery sauce. It was not flavorful. My friend barely ate hers. I ate it because I was hungry. I would not go there again. Sorry...because the people were so lovely.

• Visited April 2013