“Just okay...not great for the price”
Review of Thai Krathong - CLOSED

Thai Krathong
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Apex, North Carolina
“Just okay...not great for the price”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had Thai fried rice and a friend had the Pad Thai. Both were just okay. I guess I've had too much amazing Thai food, but I was a little disappointed considering the prices are pretty high.

Visited June 2013

New York City, New York
“The food is fine, but not good for Thai”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The food was fine. It was pleasant-tasting, the ingredients were of good quality, but it just didn't have much flavor, and certainly didn't taste like good Thai food tastes. It's not that you'll be turned off by the food, but if you're looking for Thai food specifically, this isn't the place. If you're just looking for some decent not-fried food to eat, this could fit the bill. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

It's surprisingly expensive, but the portions are quite large---one entree was enough for two meals for me.

• Visited May 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Great place for Thai”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten here before and so chose to return again. Thai Krathong did not disappoint. The server was friendly and helpful. She was knowledgable about the food and the craft beers that were on tap (2 were from Wisconsin, 2 from Lake Superior Brewing right here in Duluth). The food: our chicken wings were hot and crispy with a delicious sauce served on the side. The Pad Thai was very good, with lots of vegetables and pork in it. It had nice flavour and wasn't overcooked. The vegetables still had a bit of crispness to them. The Tom Kha soup (my wife's favourite) was excellent, as always, with lots of vegetables and chicken in a nice, rich, flavourful coconut broth. The portions are large so plan on taking some leftovers home to enjoy later (there was just my wife and I but enough food to feed 4 people).

Visited May 2013
Northfield, Minnesota
“It's not something you couldn't eat...”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My mother always said that when she was searching for a compliment and it was hard to come up with. Our waiter was WONDERFUL and so helpful. We were seated promptly and had a lovely table. Two of us ordered the Red Curry (vegetarian) and one had a chicken stir fry. The curry was really disappointing. A preponderance of slightly undercooked carrots and onions, a TINY amount of mock duck and a few other veggies in a watery sauce. It was not flavorful. My friend barely ate hers. I ate it because I was hungry. I would not go there again. Sorry...because the people were so lovely.

• Visited April 2013
Bemidji, Minnesota
“Try the Thai!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Thai was awesome here! I had the red curry with a Thai Ice Tea. The Tea could've used a little more cream but other than that it was truly awesome. My family and boyfriend tried it for the first time and they all loved it. The owner was really nice and talked to us for a while, helping us out with our questions and sharing with us some of her experiences. If you haven't put Thai on your Bucket List, you should and this place won't let you down!

Visited March 2013