“Quaint and very good”

Sir Benedict's Tavern
Ranked #18 of 257 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television
Syracuse, New York
“Quaint and very good”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place has just about anything to drink you could want. Their specialty sandwiches are very unique. I had the flatbread fontina, and it was very good. They have plenty of outdoor seating and the view of Lake Superior is great. My only complaint is that too many of the specialty sandwiches cannot be ordered "by the half" to go with soup. But, I would visit again.

Visited August 2012

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Pretty darned good”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We "happened upon" this place after discovering a number of the other places we were interested in were closed early on a Sunday evening. There is an extensive beer menu and a number of apps salads and interesting sandwiches to chose from. We split a garden salad with good homemade caesar dressing. Hubby had a grilled wrap with smoked turkey and fontina. Pretty yummy. I had a very good portabella sandwich on rye bread. Also very good. I'd go back.

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have to say I like the patio but it in no way makes up for everything else. Go there if you want to have only part of your party get their meals super late (somehow, even when ordered at the same time they forget to ring up the females of the group food) and for the ones that do get their food they get the wrong thing. ("Here's your chicken burrito." "I ordered beef." "Then it's beef." And it was chicken. Really?!) Also don't look for the owner because when told about the terrible service he cowardly left out the back door leaving his poor unexperienced bartender who "can't do anything," not even apologize, to talk with us. If only this was the first time I got terrible service, but I can safely say it is the last. If you go to sir bens you'll end up supporting someone's meth habit.

1 Thank lokiandlaney
Duluth, Minnesota
“Owner refused to honor restaurant.com certificates”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Never going back. Owner refused to honor restaurant.com certificates, claiming that restaurant.com did not have permission to issue the certificates. I spoke with restaurant.com and found out that this was a lie. I will never do business with Sir Benedict's Tavern again.

• Visited June 2012
“Best nacho's ever!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The nacho's were under appetizers but man it was huge. Its like a two person meal, and they were soo good. I live 3 hours away but i am definitely making a trip back soon. :)