WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Little Angie's Cantina And Grill

Little Angie's Cantina And Grill
Ranked #43 of 247 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A visit to this exciting Tex Mex atmosphere isn't dangerous, but it's a whole lot spicier than your everyday life. It's not too hot, mind ya, it's just full of flavor! Little Angie's Cantina is the kind of place where the food is so fresh it's sizzling at your table. Original artifacts from the Southwest create a real wild West setting right here in the Midwest. At Little Angie's it's okay to laugh out loud and fill up on our fresh homemade salsa and corn tortilla chips. Signature items include: sizzling hot fajitas on cast iron skillets; fresh made burritos, enchiladas, and chimichangas all served with a varieties of moles and sauces, distinctly Little Angie's recipes; a wall of tequila and hundreds of combinations of house-specialty margaritas and mojitos. Little Angie's is the place to enjoy a little more than you ought to. Break the rules, so to speak. Seasonal deck dining overlooking beautiful Lake Superior in Canal Park, Minnesota.
Spooner, Wisconsin
“A very filling lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stopped here for a quick lunch. The service was good, the food was good...I've had better here but I love this place so you won't hear many complaints from me. I always order the chips and salsa but shouldn't because it fills you up. We ordered the bottomless but were never offered more salsa after we were finished. We ordered a side of guac but it was not good guac so lesson learned. We were definitely full for hours and I even had lunch for the next day.

• Visited October 2013

SAINT PETERSBURG
“Good Tex Mex food, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went for a late lunch on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon. After parking (quite an adventure at canal park), we decided to head to Little Angie's. Started with chips and salsa, not bad. More chips than we could eat and they brought more salsa. Our group had soft taco's, burrito and taco salad. All food was good, fresh. The seasoning is very "American" not near as spicy as I would prefer for Tex Mex. Agree with other reviewers, waiter was attentive initially but took quite awhile to get is attention to close us out.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“So Disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Waited all day to have a nice meal after a busy day. I will break out my comments based on good and bad.

Good: the service.

Bad: the salsa (bland, no hotter option.) Cheese dip (extremely small portion, burnt). I ordered a top shelf margarita; horribly sweet, syrupy tasting. Cheese enchilada was hard, green sauce was salty and scarce, and rice and beans were dry and also hard. My friend's meal was bad also; her shredded beef had an offensive smell.

We unfortunately sent both meals back. The server was kind and said "this happens a lot." (Bad food.)

We will not be back. This was the second try for us both. Bad both times.

Duluth, Minnesota
“Living on location only!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I met 3 friends for dinner. Worst experience in Duluth! Overpriced, terrible food, service mediocre at best. We were seated outside on patio area; packed in like sardines! Chairs were tall and small children were seated next to us. Toddlers falling off chairs onto pavement is not my idea of fun! My friend said her chicken was very dry and overcooked. My food was so spicy hot I could not eat it, even though I told the waiter I wanted mild. Everything had jalapeno's overpowering the taste. My friend commented that "was to cover the undesirable taste of the food"! Worst chips and salsa I've had. When I complained to the waiter, he dismissed me with, "That is all we have here"! We have much better options in Duluth than this place! Will not be back! Try Mexico Lindo down Superior Street at Fitger's or Hacienda del sol. You will be happier all around!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Not so good!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Was in Duluth on business, and saw the reviews were not so good, but thought I would give it a "second" chance. Well, the reviews were right on! Service not good, ordered (boring) ice tea, never got a re-fill! The food was sub-par! Ordered the fish tacos, very dry, had to pour my left over soup on top to make them edible! I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy! They need to replace the chef , who cares about the quality of the food.