“A Good Meal That Almost Wasn't...” 4 of 5 stars

Old Chicago
Ranked #38 of 244 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Minnesota, United States
“A Good Meal That Almost Wasn't...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My family and I decided to have some pizza from Old Chicago instead of eating at a fast food restaurant. There was only 2 people ahead of us when we came in and so we thought that seating was going to be fairly quick. After talking to the hostess we found that it was going to be at least 20 minutes until we were seated. When I told the hostess that we had decided to find somewhere else, the manager stepped up and said that they would find us a table. I would estimate that they were at around 75% of capacity. They seated us at a clean table within just a couple minutes. It took about 15 -20 minutes for our food to arrive, but it was worth the wait! Everyone's food was extremely tasty with good portions. The atmosphere was a little loud and was more sports bar than restaurant, but we all enjoyed the experience. Our waitress was very professional, attentive and kind. I know we will go back again since it was a delightful change.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Atwater
“Wait. But worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It seems that every Red Lobster I have enjoyed, there is always a 40 minute wait. In this situation, it was well worth the wait. The Shrimp sampler is everything a Shrimp eater could possibly want.

Visited September 2013
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“Pretty good, not chicago pizza though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The food was pretty good but it's not Chicago pizza. Staff is nice and the bar area offers plenty of draft beers to choose from. Go during Happy Hour for some great deals.

• Visited July 2013
Iowa
“Good mac and cheese; decent pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We ate lunch recently at this particular Old Chicago. It was the first time any of us had eaten at an Old Chicago restaurant. I believe it's a chain; but they don't have any near where we live. I had never even heard of it before.

We stopped in around eleven on a Thursday in July, and the place was deserted except for a group of guys sitting at the bar. We were seated in the dining area upstairs (the bar is at street level). The waitress was very prompt, and friendly.

I ordered the macaroni and cheese dish; the rest of the family ordered a large deep dish pizza to share. My meal was good. The macaroni on the top as well as the bread crumbs were a bit overcooked, but it still tasted fine. I tried a bit of the pizza; it was okay. After all, it's pretty hard to mess up pizza. I did think their large size was a bit small compared to other pizza places. The large was cut into eight slices.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've eaten at Old Chicago in other cities and expected the usual chain stuff. I was pleasantly surprised by the great service , the tangy sauce, and the amount of toppings on the Meat Me specialty pizza. I didn't feel like drinking beer at the time and ordered unsweetened iced tea,...it tasted like fresh brewed quality tea, not at all like the fake bland stuff you usually get. I also like spicy Italian sausage and theirs was great.

This place changed my perception of national chains being plain and bland. The price was right ,too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Been to Old Chicago? Share your experiences!