“My favorite north shore restaurant”
Review of New Scenic Cafe

New Scenic Cafe
Ranked #5 of 269 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Girls weekend. Five of us stopped Thursday for lunch and had 5 different meals. Everyone was delighted with their meals. I love that they have excellent salads and their food is a bit gourmet for the north shore and unusual for perhaps some people, but perfect if you are coming from the cities and want a wonderful meal that will knock your socks off. Excellent food. Have eaten there several times. Our server was just delightful. She could have joined us for our girls weekend! Will definitely go back again and again.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've been here a few times, always been a real treat.

Waitstaff is knowledgeable, respectful, friendly, well-dressed/groomed and quick.

The food is always wonderful, menus change very frequently, and they always have specials for lunch AND dinner, sometimes more than one. Signs of a hardworking and passionate team!

Fair warning - the portions can be a little small - but all that really means is that you may have to adjust your perspective of how you eat at a restaurant. The food there is presented in a way that is not so much intended to satisfy hunger, but deliver a performance of flavor and artistry. Eating in this way, you don't leave hungry, and you don't leave totally stuffed. Just wanted to say my peace there - moving on...

The atmosphere is incredible. It breathes life. Lots of natural light, a view of Lake Superior, lots of greens, browns, nature intertwined with a sense of class, but still with a certain coziness of a house in the woods.

There's a reason why they're on top. I definitely would recommend it to anyone interested in fine dining.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

After 3 days of hamburgers and "family food", I was craving a nice dinner. I was so happy to find the New Scenic Cafe. The service was friendly and impeccable. I had a salad to rival any I've had-- grilled Brussel sprouts, duck confit, a fried quail egg. We had a lovely bottle of wine. The atmosphere was rustic log cabin with art on the walls. Wearing a nice top, jeans, with my husband and two small sons, it was a comfortable but delicious foody experience. I will definitely be back whenever I'm in the Duluth area!

1  Thank aimeejmd
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Some people may say the food is odd, but that is at first glance only. They have wonderful variations on salads, soups, burgers, bread and dessert!!!!! Their pie is wonderful. When I am heading up north for a week, I try to order a whole pie to take with me to where ever I am staying.
Love the place, prices are a bit on the high side but you get what you pay for so it is a good value.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This February we spent several days and a Duluth B&B. Dinner at the Scenic cafe was a must. We have been there many times before and have never been disappointed. The food is unique and extremely good. It is well worth going out of your way to eat here. Wait staff is polite and attentive. Parking is a little limited, so it is good to make reservations early in the evening. I have had many different dishes and never found anything I did not love. No other restaurant in the Duluth / North Shore area can compare to Scenic.

Been to New Scenic Cafe? Share your experiences!