“Always gotta go here”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Anytime we're on a North Shore trip be it for a day or an overnighter or a weekend we always make time to stop in here for lunch or dinner. We've eaten here four or five times in the last couple years. The food is consistently outstanding. The staff is super helpful. And there's always something new to try. Never had anything but a wonderful time every time. Prepare to be delighted and surprised. This is some great food done excellently well. On the weekends during the summer you might have to wait a bit for a table, but it's well worth it. And everybody is there for the same reason - to have a great dining experience whether it be for lunch or dinner. And the view? Wow! The lake never looked better. The outside patio is superb seating. Trust me, you'll love it and keep coming back just like we do whether we're on our way up the shore or on our way back. Always gotta go here or the trip just isn't complete.

There are newer reviews for New Scenic Cafe

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This restaurant was everything I expected. I did have to wait (at 2:30pm), but only about 15 minutes. High-class menu at reasonable prices. Outstanding food!

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Wanted some place special for our anniversary. We found it here for sure. Just up the north shore from Duluth...what a find. Food you won't find anywhere near here...and very good. Super service and attitude...tasty...surprizingly affordable for the classy fare here. We will return many times...you should too. P.S. Cool web site with employee profiles. Go...Eat...Here!!!

1  Thank William W
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Very over-rated restaurant. Pretentious presentation without the quality. Was very disappointed after hearing this was 'the' restaurant to visit on the North Shore. You don't find this much pretentiousness at Minneapolis restaurants, where they actually have the substance to back up such an attitude. Ridiculous 'food smear' entre (to quote my dining partners), ludicrously miniscule portions. For the $36 entre price it should be a somewhat reasonable portion. I'm a very light eater, and much prefer quality to quantity, but it was hard to believe they considered what I received on my plate to be even close to a 'portion'. Entre had no sides or extras to pick up the slack. Was very much hoping for a lovely dining experience, but was beyond disappointed, as were my companions. Maybe others who gave favorable ratings, equate miniscule portions, a food smear and pretentiousness to be a sign of fine dining. The current dining trend has certainly long since moved from the 'Haute smear' to familiarity, hominess, and accessibly affordable.

2  Thank s g
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I stopped for a late lunch at the New Scenic Cafe. It lived up to the reviews. The food was very good and we loved the "homey" feel to the Cafe. It should go on your list as a must do!!!!

Been to New Scenic Cafe? Share your experiences!