“You've got to try this place!”
Review of New Scenic Cafe

New Scenic Cafe
Ranked #2 of 257 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Red Wing, Minnesota
“You've got to try this place!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Drove up the shore with my family not sure what to expect from this experience. Wow.... food, staff and atmosphere was amazing! My step brother was visiting from London and needed gluten free options, the staff was so willing to accommodate his needs and make suggestions. I ordered the egg and asparagus sandwich, it was delicious! Everyone in our party was impressed with their choices. Because the restaurant is small and so popular I would suggest making reservations. Beautiful scenery, wonderful food and staff that will knock your socks off!

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“All-time Favorite!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We lived in Duluth, MN, in the past and were lucky enough to have the Scenic Cafe a short drive or bike ride away. We visited again yesterday and found it to be as good as always. The view of Lake Superior is great, even on a foggy day like yesterday. My husband and I both had the special herring sandwich. It was delicious! It came with a small mound of field greens and fresh pineapple. We also had the spicy beef broccoli soup which was very good and was spicy as promised. The service is excellent. The pistachio-crusted walleye sandwich wasn't on the menu yesterday, as the menu changes frequently to reflect what fresh ingredients are available. It's worth the trip when they have it back. Their entrees are also great. I have heard they will be publishing a cook book this summer, and I'll definitely look for it. As a reviewer pointed out, it's not a hot dog and hamburger cafe; so kids or adults who don't like to try new foods might not like it. We love it!

• Visited May 2013
Mpls, Mn
“NOT a cafe - but great food!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I loved our food and dessert. I had the French Dip (very reasonably priced) and it had French Onion Soup (for dipping and eating) and fresh pineapple - it was all GREAT! I would certainly order it again! My husband had the lamb meatloaf. He enjoyed it, the portion was smaller and it was very "artsy." The meatloaf does take longer to prepare, but we were in no hurry. Our dessserts were pretty good - we LOVED the chocolate caramel cup (garnished with creme fraiche - not my fav - AND sea salt which I loved). The creme brulee was a little overdone and not quite creamy enough for me - but not bad. The blackberry lemonade was very good as well and had free refills.

VERY VERY VERY GREAT VIEW!

1 Thank ridgebacklover
Jefferson, Georgia
“Superb!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Food was some of the best I've had--a little pricey, but lots of choices and impeccable service. I had the beef tenderloin ($24) and my husband had one of the many special menu items. His tuna taco starter was great ($15). We splurged and had desssert which also was delicious. We would definitely eat here again.

Long Lake, Minnesota
“Best Minnesota has to offer”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great food. Hard to get in on Summer Weekends. Worth the wait! Ledgerock Grill is a good alternative a few miles North if this is packed.

Visited October 2012

Been to New Scenic Cafe? Share your experiences!