“Astonishing Find On the North Shore”
Review of New Scenic Cafe

New Scenic Cafe
Ranked #4 of 260 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Astonishing Find On the North Shore”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I follow these forums regularly and based on the reviews here, decided to give this place a try - especially since we are frequent visitors to Larsmont Cottages, which is about 10 minutes from here.

We were not disappointed.

The food is unbelievable, to say the least. I had the lamb meat loaf and my wife had the sea bass, and they were both extraordinary. In terms of food, this place may be the best restaurant that we have found north of the Twin Cities. Frankly I think it could easily compete with the stuff in the metro area, if it were located in, say, downtown Minneapolis as well.

If there's anything to ding, it's the quirkiness of the ambiance - there's something about staring at a rustic cabin interior while savoring a delicious mille feuille that is, well, almost odd. All depends on what you're into, of course, and I wouldn't let that stop you from enjoying the food experience this place offers.

1 Thank MnRTwelve C

Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious and Innovative Food on the North Shore”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

After stopping at New Scenic Cafe last spring with my husband, I recently introduced four women friends to it while we were en route to a Girlfriends Weekend "Up North." We all loved it --especally the breads and the wonderful curried mussels and lobster bisque for lunch. Pleasant and minimalist north woods vibe, good service, and really delicious and interesting menu. View out the wondown on to Lake Superior also quite lovely. Would definitely recommend when one is headed up the North Shore Highway north of Duluth.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank AnneLRooney
Minneapolis
“Great foodie restaurant”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great vibe, relaxing and cozy. Local, fresh, and changing menu with very unique entrees. Wanted to try it all! The malbec I ordered was fantastic- had 3 glasses worth! Had never tried pheasant, and my meal was delicious. Fresh baked berry pie for dessert. Great meal! If I had been traveling alone, I would have eaten all of my meals here.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Raball
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good quality food”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I love the atmosphere, the food choices (I am vegetarian) and the location! This is a particularly nice place to visit in the summer as you can sit outside and enjoy their beautiful flower and herb garden if you wish!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Valerie M
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A gem in an expected location”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful restaurant with exceptional food and excellent service. Definitely worth the 20 minute drive from Duluth for a more refined dining option.

1 Thank nsp00