“This is SO worth the gorgeous 10 minute ride!”
Review of New Scenic Cafe

New Scenic Cafe
Ranked #3 of 261 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2012

After reading some reviews, we decided to try this. On one of our trips to Duluth to drop off "art" at Blue Lake Gallery, we headed up to this restaurant for lunch. Oh my GOSH! The food was amazing..we had a second order of their appetizer for dessert, because we wanted that to be the last thing we tasted! Menu was interesting and the dishes are well executed. Don't come here for a blah burger..! Walk across the highway after eating for a great view of the Lake (which you can see from inside too), Gardens are nice in the summer.

There are newer reviews for New Scenic Cafe

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a party of 10 with a range of food from very good to downright terrible. The french onion soup must have a 6 pounds of salt. The duck was excellent, the salmon terrible.The squash ravioli very good. the salad dressing less than adequate. Our waitress was very pleasant but could not make up of the inconsistency of the food.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were very happy with the food. Scallops, muscles, and french onion soup. The service was a little slow but nothing I would be upset by. Love the location too.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I can see why some people aren't that impressed with the New Scenic Cafe (my husband was one of them) and their points all seem to be valid. Service was very slow, we heard a couple of clients vociferously complaining about their food and service (dragging down the vibe, man), the food, while very good, is not spectacular (and not inexpensive, either) and there certainly is a snooty factor involved. That said, I enjoyed my meal very much. We weren't in a hurry so the slow pace did not bother me (sipping wine and enjoying the scenery passed the time), the food, while not the best I've ever eaten, was certainly imaginative, well-prepared and tasty, the location and decor is very pretty and pleasant, our server was nice enough and we were not affected by the mild pretentiousness factor. However, while none of those things spoiled my experience, those same things had my husband wondering what all of the fuss was about. In the end, it probably was a little too expensive for the portion sizes. Depending upon your mood and what you like, you may really enjoy yourself or you may feel like you spent a little too much money. I think it is worth a trip to see for yourself.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I visited The New Scenic Café for the first time last week, on the way up the North Shore. It was amazing. The menu is wonderful, full of delightful flavors, textures and presentations for the discerning palate. If you’re a foodie (and you know if you are) you can’t go wrong here. It’s by far the best restaurant on the North Shore.
Dress is casual as is the restaurant itself. The food, however, is anything but.
The owner and chef, Scott Graden, can hold his own with any of the Twin Cities finest.

Been to New Scenic Cafe? Share your experiences!