“Bellisio's- Still the classiest joint in the Twin Ports”

Bellisio's Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #12 of 263 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Classic Italian dinning and Wine Spectator award winner since 1999 Bellisio’s restaurant conjures up images of highly skilled chefs, fine wines, superb service, and fresh Italian food. And while all this is most certainly true, one must not forget that Bellisio’s is above all an experience. An exceptional dining experience, to be precise, but one that takes place in a casual atmosphere reminiscent of the quaint eateries and wine bars of the Italian countryside. And no wonder. The experience is fashioned after the small village of Bellisio, Italy, home to the owner’s ancestry. Imported direct from Italy are the beauty, comfort, romance, and glorious recipes. Specialty dishes include perfectly prepared pasta dishes using the finest imported and local ingredients; fennel roasted rack of pork; homemade risotto dishes; grilled steaks; shrimp; seafood; and a fresh catch feature every day. All served with a world class wine menu to match. Bellisio’s has received Wine Spectator’s prestigious “Best of Award of Excellence” every year since we opened in 1999. It’s a simple, colorful, elegant, and exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I dine at Bellisio's in Canal Park twice a week, throughout the year. That said my wife and I are by no means wealthy. What many people have not yet come to find is that during lunch hours they offer many entrees around $10. The portions are perfect and you can always count on the fresh baked focaccia bread as well as the most friendly, informed, professional service in town. Angie and her staff make you feel like a high roller, even if you're not. -Bravo!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was by far the WORST meal of my life. The decor is dark, 1980's Italian-style with horrible murals on the wall. It was a depressing atmosphere that was way too stuffy. We ordered Bruschetta and The Shrimp and Green Tomatoes for apps. The Bruschetta was absolutely tasteless. The tomatoes weren't fresh at all, there was no seasoning, and the bread wasn't just crisp (as it should be) -- it was burnt. The Shrimp and Green Tomatoes -- well, they brought the wrong order. Instead we got a different version of the Green Tomatoes -- which were cemented with Polenta. Tough and hard. No shrimp.

Next, I ordered the Fettucini Alfredo. My husband ordered the Ravioli with spinach alfredo. It took about 45 minutes to get our food (there was only two other small tables in the whole place). The plate rims were covered with pepper, so much that I couldn't sit too close to the table or I'd start sneezing!! After we brushed away some of the pepper, we finally ate. The Ravioli was okay, but not something I'd return for -- you could tell it was frozen and not freshly made as the price would have led you to believe. My fetuccini alfredo dish was sopped with a butter sauce, NOT an alfredo sauce like the menu stated. It was horrible. I asked the waiter if this is alfredo sauce and he lied and said yes. Well, my husband had alfredo sauce with his dish, and my sauce was NOTHING like his. It was the worst dish I have ever had.

And boy was it overpriced. I would gladly pay the price if the food was good. But I feel like I just paid $20 for a McDonald's cheeseburger.

What a waste.

1  Thank ty333
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a coupon book otherwise wouldnt have seen this place to know to stop. Very cozy atmosphere and very friendly service. The chicken marsala was good but the Antipasta salad was spectacular! Fun wine list and the flights are very good and interesting!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This Italian eatery is in the Canal Park area. It's a higher scale of eating complete with white linens. We shared soup and the shrimp alfredo. They were willing to split it in the kitchen for us. Everything tasted wonderful and the staff was very friendly.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

A creative menu of Italian food, with an extensive wine menu. We shared a Fried Green Tomato w/Bacon salad and my Main was Chicken Marsala with garlic Parmesan mashed potatoes. The fresh hot vegetable sides to our mains were varied, fresh and well prepared. The wine list was over 40 pages long. My only sadness was that there were too few wines available by the glass.