“A Pleasant Surprise!”

Ranked #13 of 264 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Classic Italian dinning and Wine Spectator award winner since 1999 Bellisio’s restaurant conjures up images of highly skilled chefs, fine wines, superb service, and fresh Italian food. And while all this is most certainly true, one must not forget that Bellisio’s is above all an experience. An exceptional dining experience, to be precise, but one that takes place in a casual atmosphere reminiscent of the quaint eateries and wine bars of the Italian countryside. And no wonder. The experience is fashioned after the small village of Bellisio, Italy, home to the owner’s ancestry. Imported direct from Italy are the beauty, comfort, romance, and glorious recipes. Specialty dishes include perfectly prepared pasta dishes using the finest imported and local ingredients; fennel roasted rack of pork; homemade risotto dishes; grilled steaks; shrimp; seafood; and a fresh catch feature every day. All served with a world class wine menu to match. Bellisio’s has received Wine Spectator’s prestigious “Best of Award of Excellence” every year since we opened in 1999. It’s a simple, colorful, elegant, and exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed April 25, 2012

It isn't that we had any particular expectations but we were pleasantly surprised by a number of things. First, the wine list is amazing. They even had a special award-winning Croatian wine that isn't widely distributed. Second, the service was above and beyond what is typical. The wait-staff were friendly but non-intrusive, and delivered our food and beverages in a prompt, efficient manner. In that regard, when my husband realized the next morning that he had left his credit card with the restaurant, they promptly mailed it to him. Finally, the food was delicious. I highly recommend the Grilled Chicken Spiedini and tiramisu for dessert but I expect you'll be happy with any choice. They are located on Lake Street in Canal Park. Enjoy!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

If the food was super, I would not mind the $70-80 a plate price, but it is frankly only good. Astounding wine list! Service is good, professional, and friendly.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I took a friend here for her birthday, and the food was excellent. We didn't make reservations (though I would highly recommend it, as it was busy and it was a fluke that we got a table right away). Service was decent (it was busy). Ambiance was awesome! The only thing was the expense of the meal (4 people, only person had a single glass of wine...so very little bar tab), and the total bill was $130...I was shocked! I knew it was expensive, but didn't expect that!

1  Thank werethebrews
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have been going to Bellisio's for a few years and have found that the wine selection has been fantastic and the prices continue to be reasonable. The food quality has been consistent and I can't remember a bad experience. Though the atmosphere is nice it definitely is not a "fancy" restaurant which I think makes it more relaxed and accessible. The Italian fare is done right and I can't stress enough, that a wine lover should definitely enjoy one of the many reasonably priced "wine flights" to try 4 wines of a particular region/variety.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

For our first visit to Duluth, a native recommended Bellisio's. Since were were told that it was pricey, we chose to try appetizers and a glass of wine from a huge and varied wine list. The food was good and the service was excellent.