“decent burger good beer”

Fitger's Brewhouse Brewery and Grille
Ranked #8 of 261 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2010

ate here yesterday, good location, good beer decent service and beer. nothing special, smelled like a frat house basement

There are newer reviews for Fitger's Brewhouse Brewery and Grille

Reviewed October 31, 2010

I was a single diner in late October at this fun, charming brew pub. The pub atmosphere is interesting and original. Friendly hostesses seated me right away (there was another single diner in my room, and two families with little kids - all local-looking characters). My waitress was very personable and kind. My neighbor had the vegetarian salad with sauteed portabellas and the vegetable were fresh and amazing-looking. I ordered the wild rice burger, which had wonderful texture and flavor and was served on a high-quality, multi-grain hard roll with a really good side salad (cucumers, lettuce, sprouts, and they threw some broccoli on there at my request). I had a smooth and delicious wheat beer - a huge glass. The whole meal cost me $14 and was of extremely high quality with local ingredients. A deal.

I didn't understand some of the complaining reviews from other diners - especially those who complained about minor (30 minutes) wait times at the height of Duluth's short but spectacular tourist season. That's a bit like complaining that a flying unicorn didn't visit your table, right? This place is busy and happy and packed with locals as well as visitors, and it's a brew pub, not a fine-dining restaurant, so the service is first-come, first-serve and casual, as is appropriate.

I loved this place and would definitely go back.

1  Thank Marge246
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I wish we would have had more time to explore this great building and shops. Oh...by the way...they have great food as well! My husband ordered a rice burger and never in his life had he had a vegetarian burger and he almost licked his plate clean! It was a spicy one and months later, he is still talking about it and wanting to go to Duluth...a good 5 hour drive...to get another burger!

The service was top notch and the atmosphere was amazing. Don't miss this gem if you are in Duluth!

Reviewed October 23, 2010

If you like burgers and beer in a fun pub-like atmosphere this is your place!

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Fitger's is really not a restaurant, it is an attraction. There are several stores, 2 full-service bars, the brew pub with pub food, a mexican restaurant. A historic old building that has been beautifully updated, while maintaining enough of the historic grainery/warehouse feel to make it interesting and fun to walk around. We only stopped in to sample some freshly-brewed beer at the pub, but I would definitely go back again to try out the other places.