“Fun Atmosphere, Good Beer, Good Food”

Fitger's Brewhouse Brewery and Grille
Ranked #7 of 264 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Fitgers does an awesome job. It is a place where you can get great food, drink great beers, and just unwind with friends. I have never been disappointed when I eat here. I would recommend going here with friends and family. You wont be dissapointed.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Went here for lunch with hubby and saw they use 2 different breeds of cow. So we each picked one so we could compare. The Highland local was wonderful & cooked perfect. Was like the real steak burgers of old. Mine was very good too. The price is a tad high but I guess ya pay for quality.
I went back with a friend in March -- they're on my "good" list of Duluth restaurants.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We at lunch there during Bockfest before the rest of our crew arrived. It was a Friday and they had a Fish Special. You get fried cod (beer battered maybe), fries and cup of clam chowder for less than $11. The whole meal was great! Their beer battered fries are the best. Clam chowder was to die for and the fish was great too! Half the experience is with your server. Misti was our server and was super! She was friendly and very attentive. Great personality. We love going to the Brewhouse when we visit Duluth and look forward to going next time we are up. Would definitely recommend!

FYI- The Brewhouse is normally at a warmer temperature from the grill being close to the dining area so dress according.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were heading thru town and saw that great old building! We even took a growler back to Chicago from here.

Inspired: beer selection

Food: good soup and chili

Service: server Sally was very good

Atmosphere: lively and relaxed

Return: yes

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Came in on a busy Saturday evening and put our name in for a table with a 45 minute wait. Enjoyed a drink at the bar while we waited. The bartender was delightful, friendly, knowledgeable and just good at his job. Lots of fun other patrons as well. When our table was finally available, they seated us next to the open kitchen. Unfortunately, my spouse and I witnessed the cook that was bald with a red beard using his bare hand to wipe his nose multiple times and then he touched every single plate waiting for server pick up. The manager came over and apologized that we saw this and that it upset us, even offered to pay for the meal. He didn't say he'd correct the problem or that it was wrong, just that he was sorry it bothered us. Well, it should have bothered him too! I wasn't out for a free meal and basically lost my appetite. We thanked him and decided to go elsewhere before our food even arrived. This probably happens more often then not in a kitchen, but with the open format I was able to see it and found it against any food handling and safety regulations. For that reason I would not eat here. Manager went through the motions, but he really didn't handle the problem in way that assured us that the root of the problem was going to be resolved. To bad.