“Great brews and food!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Pretty standard pricing for a brewery (food and beer). Parking can be a bit of a hassle and you have to pay on weekends. There is not a lot of outside seating which doesn't make it an ideal spot for a nice day since the inside seating is very dark (but still fitting with a pub like atmosphere). I tried the apricot beer, which was excellent although not quite as good as Ithaca Apricot Wheat. I had a wild rice veggie burger, which was excellent and something unique to the area (wild rice). The beer battered fries were excellent! The servers aren't rude, but are just kind of apathetic, so the service was just average. I would probably dine there again, but there are some other restaurants in Duluth that I would frequent before here (Sir Benedict's or At Sara's Table).

There are newer reviews for Fitger's Brewhouse Brewery and Grille

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I always eat here when I go to Duluth. It is the best! I love their brown ale. And the Maple Salad is to DIE for!! I get cravings for it. Wish I didn't live 4 hours away... Server was very attentive and really did well with my two kids. Service was prompt. Prices a bit high, but very much worth it. Relaxed/casual atmosphere. It can get a little bit crowded and loud at dinner time, but if you're more interested in a quieter experience, go for lunch.

1  Thank yoopie
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I was pretty excited to go to this restaurant/brewpub. I heard Fitgers was a complex rather than just a restaurant and boy was that correct! There are clothes and outfitter stores as well as other restaurants (the Mexican place has ok food and one of the best views of the lake in the city from their deck seating!). There's usually a line so while you wait go over to the bar across the hall and get a deal on drinks - their wells are Stoli, Jack, etc.!!! Can't beat that (they also serve Fitger's beer). The beer is pretty good (but I'm super picky - my favorite brewery is Left Hand so I have high standards). The food is average. The atmosphere is kinda neat in the old building but we sat outside which I recommend (their outside seating is not on the water).

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Fantastic artichoke dip with fresh vegetables and pita triangles. Excellent apricot wheat beer. Burger and veggie burger were delicious on the multigrain bun. Really good fries. Great house brewed root beer.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

This is easily the brewpub in Minnesota. The beers are the best I've tasted in any Minnesota brewpub and you will find some unique and creative selections on tap. The food is excellent if you are in the mood for pub food. The hamburgers and sandwiches are tasty and will fill you up. Many are under $12. The salds are much better than would would expect at a pub. The greens are fresh and tasty, not the old iceburg lettuce you see at a lot of pubs