“Mixed reviews”

Ranked #12 of 264 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1976 Grandma’s Saloon & Grill has been a casual but lively adventure to the past where value and customer service are at the center of everything we do. You’re surrounded by authentic antiques, collectibles, and an eager staff ready and willing to please. The award winning food includes overstuffed sandwiches and burgers; USDA choice steaks; house specialty pasta and wild rice dishes; appetizers include nationally recognized homemade onion rings, chicken wings, and stuffed mushrooms. It’s an eyeful as well as a mouthful. The legacy of customer satisfaction has been handed down by the Italian immigrant who started it all, “Grandma” Rosa Brochi. Everything she did in her early boarding house business included “100% customer satisfaction,” words that we still live by today. Grandma’s Saloon & Grill is real history, real antiques, real service, and really good food! A dining experience of legendary indulgence. The original Grandma’s Saloon & Grill is located at the foot of the historic Aerial Lift Bridge, at the tip of Lake Superior. Seasonal deck dining and the new rooftop lounge includes this spectacular view.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went on a GORGEOUS day for Duluth. So gorgeous I got a sunburn after being on the new patio. The new patio is very chic and neat. Just note that it is seat yourself, you won't be seated and therefore it's first come first serve and people WILL sit there all day especially in those couches! Second, there is a limited menu so you won't get the full menu they have inside.

Our waiter was very nice, he kept our drinks refilled and he was very pleasant. The downside is we were brought our meals but everything was wrong so we all had to send back the food because although some meals were close to what we ordered, some were way off. So we waited and waited and waited and there was never any explanation if there was a mix up or what although we really just know our orders were just put in wrong. So after over an hour and 15 minutes we finally got our food. And I have to tell you the buffalo wing nachos sound good in theory but are totally not worth it. Not a good combination at all. So although the ambiance and our waiter were nice, there was plenty to not be thrilled with unfortunately. I go to Duluth quite often as an alum of UMD and have family there, but I don't think I would go back to this grandmas for anything other than drinks.....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

One look and I said, not another chain restaurant for lunch!. But, as usual, I was dead wrong. From the greeters to the wait staff to the quality of the food...it was a terrific experience. The waitress was sharp as a tack and made some wonderful suggestions about size of the orders. They are big and we appreciated the information.I had a Great Lake Superior Beer and my wife liked her Paul Newman Merlot. I had the Mahi Mahi special sandwich which was moist and cooked just right on a fresh roll. My wife enjoyed her petit salad. All in all, it was a great meal and I would return for dinner in a heartbeat...so much for judging chains. These people know what they are doing. The decor is cool as well. See if you can find the eagle eyed zork.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Love love love the views from the top deck. Fun to watch the boats and ships coming into the harbor and going under the Ariel Lift Bridge. Food is good too.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Lots of good food to choose from. Great atmosphere and we were told not to miss eating at this spot. It is in Canal Park. We were told we had to get the onion rings, the biggest ones I have ever seen and also very tasty. Get the small order that is all you need. Also told to try Beef Tenderloin Cheese Steak. This sanwich is big enough to split and is very tasty. We were with a party of eight and everyone seemed to be enjoying what they ordered. Also this area is known for its wild rice. We had a side order with the tastiest sauce to go on it I have ever eaten. If you like wild rice you will love this dish. Grandma's has a nice souvenier shop attached to restaurant.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We are never disappointed with Grandma's! It is always so yummy and tasty! It is very family AND kid friendly!

Been to Grandma's Saloon & Grill? Share your experiences!