“Not a Chain Restaurant”

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped in at Lake Avenue Cafe Labor Day night late. The place was dead. They were out of a couple of types of wine and some food, but the waitress was very helpful and attentive to suggest alternates that were very good. My wife had a salad with home made dressing and I had the Pike Chowder, both were excellent. I especially like the small amount of green onion greens in the soup! Mail courses were very good also! Will certainly go back if we get a chance.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a great dinner there and could not have been more pleased. The service was laid back and friendly. It is a nice environment in the heart of the tourist area, very easy to walk to from most hotels.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Down in the tourista part of Duluth, this place is upstairs and easy to miss - Don't.

Wifey had the sauted whitefish - fantastic. I had the fried perch tacos - scrumptious. The service was very fast and attentive. The price was very reasonable.

When we travel, we try to find local places to get a taste of local cuisine. Places like Lake Avenue Grill are the reason why we to skip the franchises and chain operations.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We read the reviews and were not disappointed. I had bacon wrapped dates (I know it sounds funky) they were delicious...my husband had the crap cakes and they were equally good. We would highly recommend.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Slow service. The salads came before drinks and appetizers. Our observation was that they were understaffed