“Not your typical cafe”

Lake Avenue Cafe
Ranked #17 of 254 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minnesota
“Not your typical cafe”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We've eaten here several times. It's in a convenient location, it's cozy and the employees are always so nice. The food isn't typical "cafe" food -- it's much better! The food is unique and always a pleasant surprise.

Duluth, Minnesota, United States
“Brunch menu was interesting and fun!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was treated to brunch by my daughter after she ran the Gary Bjorkland Half Marathon and I had trouble deciding what to order because of the fun and fabulous choices. I decided on a veggie bake which was a black bean chili with two eggs and cheese on top with a side of roasted potatoes along with a grapefruit mimosa (YUM!) The atmosphere was buzzing with excited racers and their fams and friends and our server, Kia, was poised, efficient and delightful. I love this restaurant which is located in one of the coolest restored buildings in the canal. I have been there often for dinner, apps, and lunch. This was my first brunch and I liked it!!!

1 Thank Wanda L
Mendota Heights, Minnesota
“Two Perfect meals, Two different days”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I love this restaurant. The portion size is perfect for me and the prices are really reasonable. This is one of my new favorite places to eat.

White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Don't miss the marrow toast!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Food was great - one of best restaurants in Duluth. The marrow toast was amazing and is highly recommended. It just didn't have that last little bit. The menu is written in a way that could give the impression they are trying to be overly trendy but the food is impressive. The atmosphere is on the casual end for fine dining but that seems to be standard in Duluth. They serve great coffee for after dinner. Will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
“Most Enjoyable!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I can recommend this place! Food was fresh and well prepared. The portions were sized just right. The prices were moderate. I had the Deconstructed Fish n Chips... fresh whitefish from Lake Superior pan seared, oriental style cole slaw, and potato wedges... delicious and light. My husband liked his Chicken Fettuccine quite a bit and probably would have liked a larger portion because it tasted so good. We shared a hot fudge sundae... the hot fudge is really delicious! Everything is made fresh on-site. So much more enjoyable than a chain restaurant. We would definitely go back!

Visited May 2013

Been to Lake Avenue Cafe? Share your experiences!