“Busy Place - Amazing Food”

Amazing Grace Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Duluth
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: For over 20 years, the Amazing Grace Bakery and Cafe has been serving great food to our community in a friendly, welcoming environment. Our customers appreciate our partnerships with local vendors and our use of earth-friendly products. We are proud to say that our breakfast, lunch, and bakery items are prepared from scratch in our kitchen and bakery. The Grace also serves as a coffee shop, where folks can get their caffeine fix from organic coffee products provided by local vendors. Finally, we are heavily involved in our community and local philanthropy. The Grace is a gathering place and performance venue for local musicians, artists, and community groups. We are a warm and welcoming place for all.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This cafe is located in the basement of its building but it is warm and inviting. Every table was full and people were waiting to be seated the entire time we were there for breakfast. The service was a little slow but the food was fantastic. We were lucky enough to be there with a table of musicians. Their guitars made for one of the more pleasant breakfasts out that we've had in a long time.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I planned for several days to eat breakfast at Amazing Grace Bakery and Café. The night before I stopped by and when I arrived for breakfast the café was crowded and had a wait. Like the previous reviews, there was a wait for the food which was close to 40 minutes. So, be prepared if you go for breakfast on the weekend. There is also patio seating available.

The coffee was one of the best brews I have had and the buttermilk oatmeal pancakes were worth the wait. The pancake portions are large so if you are not hungry, I recommend the short stack.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our greeter was very friendly, seated us quickly. But after 20 minutes, I had to go up to the counter and ask for a server. There where plenty of young folks working that day. Later we figured out that the person who served us had been out for 20 or 30 minutes and no one was covering for her. Mostly, the other servers stood up at the counter, chatting with each other and handling the walk- in customers for the bakery. We were there for breakfast, around 9:00 a.m. It wasn't very busy. It seemed to us, that they needed a manager or coordinator to keep everyone on task.
The food was great. The serving sizes were more than adequate and the place was interesting and unique. Also, they had a deli that made sandwiches that looked really delicious. We wood go there again, but try a different time, like supper.

1  Thank Jim X
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stopped by Monday morning for breakfast and took a seat on their outside patio. We waited for at least 20 minutes without drinks or menus. I had to go into the restaurant and ask for menus from an employee. After sitting outside for another 15 minutes without a server coming to the table I returned back into the restuarant to ask if we had to place an order inside or how service on the patio worked since we hadn't been served AT ALL at this point. I was told that I had to let a hostess know that we were sitting on the patio, otherwise the server wouldn't know we were there. I have been a server, and any good server would notice a new customer seated in their section. We were finally served, it took FOREVER to get our meals. My Mother and Sister's quiche was microwaved so there were hot and cold spots throughout. The patio was messy, I sat beside a dead bird which attracted flies in every direction which continued to land on our food as we tried to eat. The food was nothing special either. This was by far the worst restaurant I have been to in a LOOOONG time!!!!

1  Thank Betsy T
Reviewed June 18, 2013

They have wonderful coffee and muffins and scones...
Great for the sweet tooth
Very clean and cozy atmosphere...

Been to Amazing Grace Bakery & Cafe? Share your experiences!