“Worst Experience of My Life”
Review of Jade Fountain - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jade Fountain
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed November 22, 2008

First of all, I will say, that I am NOT a picky eater. In fact, if it's edible, I won't send something back. I don't like doing that and I don't like feeling like "that person". Plus, I'm always afraid they're going to spit in my food.

That being said, there was absolutely no way around sending my food back at Jade Fountain.

The place looks like just a normal shabby restaurant when you walk in, the "chinese" part of it being to the right.

The decorations were shabby and peeling off the walls, which should have been our first sign to leave. But we gave it a try, keeping in mind that sometimes the shabbiest restaurants have the best food.

We both ordered the Sweet and Sour Chicken, which is our normal Chinese staple. It came with rice and I think an eggroll, I'm not sure.

I took one bite of my "chicken" and knew from that point, that I was goign to have a hard time. It did NOT taste like chicken, nor did it LOOK like chicken. I tried my second bite and that was it. I SPIT it into my napkin. What I bit into literally exploded into my mouth. It was foul, greasy and even SMELT. I almost got sick at the table. Both of us sent our food back and when asked if we wanted something else, we said no, just the check for the rice.

I will NEVER again eat at this restaurant, in fact I think the Health Inspectors need to look into what is going on here. I can honestly say that I do not think it is chicken they are serving, and that isn't just a "chinese rumor". I've been to bad chinese restaurants where it is ill-prepared, gross etc. Never have I spit it out and STILL feel sick thinking about the taste months later.

Would I recommend Jade Fountain? Not even to my worst enemies. (Okay... maybe there are a few people I'd send as payback)

AWAY unless you like guessing what the hard, brown, foul meat you are eating is.

3  Thank imperfectlybeautiful