“Great food!”

Dining options: Reservations
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Great food!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After a long wait ahead at Red Lobster we discovered this restaurant hidden inside. The food and service was fab!

Visited August 2013

“Bad service”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

There steak has 8oz fat 8oz meat, slow service and high prices. Not sure why the seating took so long there was 5 tables sat in the entire place.

Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had previously eaten at this restaurant in Canal Park and it had always been a first class, fine dining experience. This was several years ago, however, and their standards have obviously not been kept. We went on a Sunday evening, after the "dinner rush", about 7pm. The service was slow and our waitress inattentive, even though there were very few other diners. The food was overpriced and lackluster, with my king crab legs obviously precooked and rewarmed as the shells were rubbery, as was the meat. My dining partner's new York strip was grainy and tough. My cheesy hashbrowns were burnt and inedible and there was something resembling a cocklebur in my companion's salad. We definitely will not eat there again.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Going Downhill”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Timber Lodge has been a restaurant I want to eat at when I am in the North woods. However, the last couple of visits have not been happy. The one this week was especially poor.

My prime rib was good but my daughter's fried shrimp were inedible. I am guessing they came out of the freezer and went straight into fryer. They were difficult to chew. The replacement coconut prawns were average. Again, they probably were food service prepared.

The service was excruciatingly slow, which was a disaster with hungry small children. The whole meal lasted two hours and we weren't lingering over the meal.

The Timber Lodge needs to do more house prepared food.

San Francisco, California
“Its just ok”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Always just so/so, not good but not bad. Pleasant wait staff.
Primarily beef dishes, nothing to rave about, but its easy.

Visited August 2013