“Fantastic in every way!!!”
Review of Timber Lodge Steakhouse - CLOSED

Timber Lodge Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2011

After reading the previous reviews, we were a bit sceptical about going here, but our misgivings were totally unfounded. The restaurant was a perfect place to visit with a friend - a "local" who recommended it as his favorite place in the area to eat. The server was outstanding, and the pace of the meal was perfect. I especially appreciated that there wasn't a lot of background noise, which made visiting quite enjoyable.

Be sure to try the fried cheese curds appetizer - outstanding. The wedge salad is enough for 2 people to split. All of our entrees were excellent - prime rib was HUGE and perfectly cooked; top sirloin was good (a tad overdone, but edible); and the fresh green beans were delicious. We were able to take advantage of the "Early Bird Specials" on dinners, and also the "Happy Hour" drinks.

A nice experience all the way around, and we would recommend it to anyone :)

There are newer reviews for Timber Lodge Steakhouse

Reviewed November 23, 2010

Solo diner, stopped in for dinner tonight at 6:30pm. Not busy, lovely ambiance. Server flew by, saying he'd be back soon. 5-7 minutes later he took my wine order, and dropped off a water. Ten full minutes go by while I watch my full wine glass sitting at the server station at the bar, waiting to be brought to me. Server never came back, and interrupting the bartender would have been awkward for the bar customers she was tending to. I will never be back, solo or with my family or friends. What a shame as the menu looked great.

Reviewed October 19, 2010

Our group of 10--visiting from Canada--had a very disappointing dining experience. Four out of our ten meals were sent back!
Three of these meals were the prime rib dinners--all three prime ribs were at least 1/3 "FAT" (one was almost half fat)! The fourth meal was sent back because veggies were not warm. The prime rib beef meals were replaced and the waitress explained that they had to cut another prime rib to accommodate our request. (Don't know why they didn't do this to begin with instead of serving unacceptable meals!) When we explained to the wait staff that one of the portions was almost half fat--she countered that she didn't think it was that bad!! (Very negative response! Isn't the customer usually right and even if not you certainly try to accommodate them.) However, the manager eventually did come to our table and apologized, as well as making a slight adjustment to our bill.
Overall--this dining experience was an absolute disaster. Certainly, our large group of friends who travel to Duluth frequently will not patronize the Timber Lodge Steakhouse.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

If the worst thing you can complain about is the parking it's worth the trip. The restaurant is downtown near the water in an area they appear to have renovated to include lots of restaurants and shops.

As to the food, great steaks, great sides, what more could you want. My wife and I both had ribeyes which were well seasoned and perfectly prepared, our daughter had the child's steak again perfectly done. I loved the cheesy hash browns and the salads were good sized and tasty. Who knows if it's the best steak in town but I loved it.

Reviewed April 30, 2010

The food was fantastic, big portions, excellent quality and fast/friendly service too boot! There were 3 of us and everyone was pleased and happy we chose this restaurant! We went here for supper.