“This motel was very nice and quiet. The staff was very...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk

Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Duluth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fruita, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was warmly greeted by the front desk and given a 3rd floor room with a view of Lake Superior. Not bad if you don't mind looking over the busy road, the large dumpster of the building being remodeled across the street, the Wendy's parking lot and then through the trees bordering the lake. Not much that I wanted to see. The room was clean, the bed ok and since it was early I went on a drive north to Brighton Beach where I could really see the lake. Slept well, went down to breakfast to find a small, crowded room and the only food available was coffee (which they were out of at the moment) and cold cereal. Fortunately there was a McDonald's next door and so I checked out and went there for breakfast. When I went back through Duluth I made a point of not staying there again.

Room Tip: Road noise is a problem during the day but it did quiet down at night. I would plan on wearing ear...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear SusieLou,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the view from your room and our complimentary breakfast, and offer my apologies. Brighton Beach is one on my favorite places in Duluth, and I'm glad you were about to enjoy your time there. I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel is very clean, quiet, and well situated,with a great view of Lake Superior. The staff friendly and courteous with an adequate breakfast buffet. It could have been very good except there was no hot water in the morning in the entire building. Probably was not a common occurrence, but a large inconvenience. We probably will stay there again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Goldfisher132,

I am sorry you were inconvenienced by our lack of hot water while you were here. We did get the problem resolved as quickly as possible, but that didn't really matter in your case. Please accept my apologies and I hope you will give us another chance to regain your trust on a future visit.

Princeton, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here because we were at the hospital with a family member. They give you a discounted rate when you have family stuff at the hospitals. The rooms were nice and it only took a couple minutes from Saint Luke's hospital.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear mpls1639,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and posting your comments. I'm glad you were happy with us and that you found us to be a good value. I hope you can return to Duluth when everyone is feeling better.

Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

So my girlfriend and I stayed here the night of October 10th till the 11th. Overall our stay was really good. The room was awesome. The beds were so comfortable. Carpet is a little outdated but not a big deal. When we checked into the hotel, the front desk staff was awesome, they get 5 star rating for great customer service. We woke up in the morning and there was an issue with no hot water, but that was resolved in an hour or so as the front desk sfatt said maintenance was taken care of it. There is not a swimming pool or hot tub at this hotel. You have to go across the street and pay for a discounted pass to use the waterpark.

So now the breakfast. Where do I start with that. I have worked the front desk at hotels for 10 years. I have worked at smaller hotels then this and there is always a decent breakfast. This hotel offered no hot breakfast at all unless they do it on weekends. We were at least expecting Waffles. The breakfast consisted of cereal, muffins, bread, mini donuts. The basic yogurt, eggs, and fruit. Not your average continental breakfast you see at a Days Inn Hotel in such a big tourist town of Duluth. Whoever made the Coffee needs to ease off on how many scoops cause it was very strong. Plus there was no lids for the coffee. Overall the room was awesome, staff was very nice and attentive and greeted you as you walked by. Upgrade your breakfast and room carpet.

Room Tip: Parking is very confusing and tight. Get a room on the second floor if you plan on parking in the ba...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Johnson23_13
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Johnson23_13,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your candid comments. I'm sorry you were disappointed in our breakfast and offer my apologies. I will review the proper coffee measurement and preparation procedures, including the proper supplies, so this does not continue or recur. We value all guest feedback and us it to make improvements and changes to our operation. We want all our guests to be happy they chose our hotel, and I hope you will give us another chance to gain your respect on a future visit.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Nothing special about it; room was clean and bed was comfortable. The breakfast is pretty skimpy and we had problems with our tub draining - took then two days to get it fixed - but wiykd stay there again if in the area. Good location and good price.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Duluth Lakewalk, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear marklori,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments. I'm sorry there were plumbing problems in your room and that this wasn't fixed more quickly, and offer my apologies. I hope you will give us another chance to regain your trust on a future visit. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com.