“Great Service, but average pub food, and mostly below average beer”
Review of Canal Park Brewery

Canal Park Brewery
Ranked #8 of 258 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Minneapolis , MN
“Great Service, but average pub food, and mostly below average beer”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am a native Duluthian and I think this restaurant will do good business since it has prime location, but the food is average at best, and the beer is only mediocre. Do not go in expecting to be blown away and it will be fine. I felt sorry for all the people waiting 45 minutes for a table (Saturday Night). I will say the service was fast..This place is setup to crank out the food quickly! Our server was very nice and knowledgable. They do have a kids menu too.

• Visited February 2013

Otsego
“Happening spot!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This is definately going to be a happening spot! The beers were great! The food was delicious! Best club and Reuben sandwiches. The sweet potato fries are a must! Get a side of buffalo wing sauce to dip your fries into!

Duluth, Minnesota
“Hopping place. They have some decent Beers. Have not tried the food.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have been the Canal Park Brewery two times. On my first visit I split two of their sampler flights with a friend of mine. With beer being a very opinionated topic I will tell you of my experience in order of tasting. I did not enjoy the Clean Dirt Ale for the sole reason that it was from a Nitro Tap. The Wetsuit Malfunction was one of my favorites it had the characteristics of a wit I am interested in. The Packer Sacker Stout was not a favor it. The Dawn Treader Tripel was my second favorite beer I enjoyed it so much I bought a growler. The next four were nothing special and the names were Winter Warmer, Nut hatchet Brown Ale, Stoned Surf IPA, and Greedy B@stard BIPA.

I really enjoyed signing up for their loyalty program it allowed me to buy one beer and get one free!

This is a hopping place and should not be overlooked. I suggest you try all the beers before coming to a conclusion from my review. It is my own opinion and I think this brewery will go places.

• Visited February 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
“Awesome!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Great beer, awesome Mac and beer cheese pasta. Friendly , knowledgeable bartenders, and walking distance from all the Canal Park hotels. This place will be packed in warm weather !

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went there finally to have something to drink and walking in was very welcoming and very clean and beautiful! We didn't get the chance to eat but what we saw if the food coming out smelt wonderful and looked amazing. The tasting of the beer was great and the bartenders were very knowledgable. ..we even brought a growler home fo r a gift for my bosses! Great staff...we will definitely be back!

Been to Canal Park Brewery? Share your experiences!